PDA

View Full Version : Hotlanta Airport

MeridianFC
03-01-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm out to Vegas this weekend but have a long ass layover at Harfield. I haven't been to ATL in a few years. Is there anything in or very near the airport?

Chuckee
03-01-2006, 01:02 PM
How long is the “long ass” layover?

There are one or two marginal places at the airport and a really cool place, The Brick Store, about 30 mins away via Atlanta’s subway, MARTA.
http://www.brickstorepub.com/

If you can go to the Brick Store, you *will not* be disappointed.

MeridianFC
03-01-2006, 01:24 PM
It's 3+ hours. If the flight in is on time we should be golden.

Do you know the explicit directions to this joint. I'm not familiar with the public transport in Hotlanta. I used to live in SC and went there all the time but this was a long, long time ago.

threecb
03-01-2006, 01:28 PM
There's a Sam Adams pub in ATL. Is this one of the marginal places you're thinking of, Chuckee?

Brickstore does rock, though.

Chuckee
03-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by MeridianFC

Do you know the explicit directions to this joint.

Yep..

Take MARTA, get off at the Decatur stop, exit the steps, go left twice, go to the street, go right, walk about 20 steps… Total, about 100 steps outside the MARTA stop.

MeridianFC
03-01-2006, 01:35 PM
How often do the MARTA trains run?

Chuckee
03-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by threecb
There's a Sam Adams pub in ATL. Is this one of the marginal places you're thinking of, Chuckee?

Brickstore does rock, though.

Yes, and there’s a Blues and Brews at the end of terminal A.
I *think* there’s a decent pub at terminal T.

BTW, for anyone who hasn’t been in the last year, the Brick Store has added a really nice Belgian Room upstairs, which opens at 5:30 pm.

Chuckee
03-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by MeridianFC
How often do the MARTA trains run?

Varies, depending on time of day, etc.
http://www.itsmarta.com/

Like the DC Metro, they not always totally reliable.
Be prepared (save enough cash) to take a cab back if MARTA derails. (No pun intended.)
They are usually fine…. but a word to the wise.

I’d meet you there for a pint or three if this weekend wasn’t the wife’s birthday.

MeridianFC
03-07-2006, 11:22 AM
In spite of the 3 1/2 hour layover there wasn't enough time to get to the Brickstore. We tried but it took us a while to get out of the airport and they'd just introduced some new ticket system for the MARTA. It took us so long to get downtown we bailed at Five Points and ate at some crap fake Irish joint.

Chuckee
03-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

Next time you’re downtown Atlanta, there’s The Vortex, Max’s Lagers and a Gordon Biersch.

Neither are Brick Store quality, but good enough.

ralew2
03-08-2006, 03:26 AM
I went to the Brick Store Saturday for the first time and was back on Sunday...and going again 2day. This place is heavenly...and reasonably priced. I don't know how I didn't know about this place for so many years.

Chuckee
03-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Speaking of the Brick Store, there’s going to be a meet-up there 3/26 1-4pm.
http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read.php?thread=687799