PDA

View Full Version : Czechs win World Cup and World Beer Consumption

Chris St Mary
06-09-2006, 07:27 AM
http://www.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2006/czechs-top-world-cup-beer-consumption.html

And so it begins.

shirteesdotnet
06-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Someplace I read recently that in Bamberg, Germany they drink the highest per capita of beer in the world... about 340 litres a year.... now thats my kinda city! Almost a litre a day!

MeridianFC
06-09-2006, 08:51 AM
I think the US will never be a true world leader until 1. our (association) football team gets better and 2. our per capita beer consumption increases. To that end we need a good showing in this year's Cup and less placebo beer on offer.

Where's Stahlstum by the by?

:D

newportstorm
06-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by MeridianFC
Where's Stahlstum by the by?

Helping drain the US/Canada of beer. Yet to meet up with him, but it sounds like he's a busy guy on vaca.

Cheers!

MeridianFC
06-09-2006, 09:42 AM
He left Germany during the World Cup. That's kind of backwards isn't it?

newportstorm
06-09-2006, 09:52 AM

Avoid all the tourists......by becoming a tourist. Makes perfect sense.

Personally, I think he just wanted to taste "day fresh" Bud at the plant here in New England.

Cheers!

fretlessman71
06-09-2006, 10:18 AM
And what day are you supposed to meet him there, Newport?..... ;)

newportstorm
06-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by fretlessman71
And what day are you supposed to meet him there, Newport?..... ;)

I'm giving free brewery tours, starting by the dumpster to snag any Bud that's "past date".

Tried to schedule a day to drink a few, but plans (on my end) fell apart. sigh....

Wilson
06-09-2006, 11:31 AM

I've a friend of a friend that lives in Munich. She has been trying hard to get out. She says its mayham. Reminds me of Mardi Gras when I was in NOLA. Many of the locals left.

steveh
06-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Many of the locals also flee Munich at Oktoberfest time.

One of our freelancers is in Frankfurt right now, I asked him if he'd brought enough bail money...

S.