PDA

View Full Version : What am I in for?

HogieWan
06-15-2006, 08:37 AM
This December, I'm headed to Disney World (the one in Florida). I know that Epcot has beers from other countries and apparantly there's a brewpub in Downtown Disney, but what should I seek out and what should I stay away from.

chazwicke
06-15-2006, 08:49 AM
I have heard about the Cricketeer an English style pub that has cask conditioned beer I think. I believe Richard has posted about it. Not sure how close to Disney it is. I've never been.

newportstorm
06-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Yes, Epcot has a decent array of beers from around the world. Just be prepared to pay for them. Big River Grille and Brewing Works on Disney's Boardwalk is a nice oasis - have enjoyed several beers there over the years. Nothing mind-blowing, just good, solid beers.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1049

I believe the Wolfgang Puck restaurant I ate in (Pleasure Island?) had several craft beers in bottles - Sierra Nevada, Unibroue, Dixie, etc. Also ate at Rainforest Cafe, House of Blues and others but can't recall their selections.

Other than that, you can rent a mini fridge for $10/day and keep your own stash in the room to bring to the hotel pool area, as I found nothing more exciting than Red Stripe at the Disney hotel bars in my experience.

Have fun at the Happie$t Place on Earth!

steveh
06-15-2006, 12:16 PM
As Newport says, the Big River pub is pretty nice. They even have cask ale available...if you get there in time - I didn't. But 4 out of 5 of the beers I sampled were quite good.

Look for some good brews in the German section of Epcot, as well as some good wines at France and Italy. There's also an Irish pub on Pleasure Island I wish I'd gotten to. But Newport is also very correct in his a$$e$$ment of the resort.

S.

HogieWan
06-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by steveh
But Newport is also very correct in his a$$e$$ment of the resort.

S.

I've already started to prepare for the words and looks I'll get = from my wife while I'm there.

HogieWan
06-15-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm an idiot for not looking at BeerFly

newportstorm
06-15-2006, 01:51 PM
There was an old article on Beer at Disney on BA, but I think it's a few years old by now and, from what I've heard, the beer selections at a few countries (Germany, esp.) have been upgraded.

http://beeradvocate.com/news/stories_read/541

Last time I was there (2003?), the best German beer available was Beck's Dark. I want to say Spaten or one of the well-known imports is now available. Canada has/had some Unibroue at their steakhouse. I opted for a glass of Watermelon juice in Mexico, rather than "seek out" a Dos Equis or Negra Modelo - OK beers, but...

Best of luck.

MikShau
06-15-2006, 02:53 PM
ANY beer in the parks is going to be expensive, warm Bud is $4.50

If you're in EPCOT any way, you can go into the restaraunt at Germany and get a liter of Spaten ( Ibelieve they even have Optimator). last time I got one it was around $9. Not cheap, but given the location, its not bad for a 7.2% import. You won't need many. There's a pub in England too ($7.25 a pint). Norway used to sell the "Viking" size of something for $8.

Big River will probably have a winter ale in December. He's finishing up lagering a Boch now that I call Brain Buster due to its somewhat high gravity. You can get to it by going out the back gate of EPCOT ( by France) and taking a boat to Boardwalk ( or just walk).

Crickiteers is over on what is called "I-Drive" in a place called the Mercado. It has hand drawn cask ales for $6.

If you have a car and can get out of the "Attractions Area". There's a good beer store that has over 1100 beers a little north of Universal studios called Knightly Spirits. There is also a place in the same neighborhood called the "tap room" that has a bunch of shipyard stuff on tap.

Orlando Brewing partners is a local brewery downtown that has some interesting stuff.

If you're adventerous, there's a place called Kitty O'Sheas that will sell you pitchers of Guinness or Harps or Smithwicks for $10( before 7). It's a dive where the locals hang out so don't expect to leave sober. It's close to Disney so it's within cab distance.

There's always the Ale House that's close to Disney that has the usualy line-up of Guinness, Pilsner Urquel , SA for $4.50 to $5.50 along with pitchers of swiller for $5.

If you're REALLY adventerous, Rossi's Pizza by Florida Mall, decent pizza for Orlando, at least 2 hand drawn ales for $3.75 ( happy hour) and a row of "gentlemens" clubs a couple of miles north.

Are you staying at Disney? Let me know when the time gets closer and maybe I can put together a custom list.

HogieWan
06-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by MikShau

Are you staying at Disney? Let me know when the time gets closer and maybe I can put together a custom list.

yes, we'll be on the disney property. I'll be there Dec 10-16.

wortchillergoal
06-15-2006, 03:41 PM
All of the iformation given is correct. I never saw it during daylight hours but the Canada section in Epcot at night had Unibroue beers. Besides the price, don't let the lack of knowledge about beers surprise. Some of the staff has remarked that I should work there as I knew more about beer than their boss.

Are you taking little ones? If so make sure you do the Buzz Lightyear ride in the Magic Kingdom. I would say do it even if you don't have little ones. It is not a scary or thrill ride but it is much fun.

newportstorm
06-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Just be careful on Mission:SPACE. Sad story, lawsuit, sigh...

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13323204/

steveh
06-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by newportstorm
I want to say Spaten or one of the well-known imports is now available.

March, 2006: Germany had Löwenbräu (now owned by Spaten) Helles, Franziskaner Hefeweizen, and Spaten Optimator Doppelbock. They were all very fresh. :) The Löwen being better on tap than what we find over here in bottles.

S.

HogieWan
06-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by wortchillergoal

Are you taking little ones?

We've been married less than one year, so no little ones yet. We are going with my in-laws - her parents, her mother's brother and his wife and her mother's parents, so we are the youngest of the group. I am the only beer drinker in the entire group, so there will be complications

chazwicke
06-16-2006, 09:35 AM
I think I would have bowed out and gone to London instead.

DecoJuicer
06-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by newportstorm
Just be careful on Mission:SPACE. Sad story, lawsuit, sigh...

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13323204/

I gone on that one 3 times. It really rocks, but if you have poor health or get motion sick at all, sit it out. They say that they didn't tone it down since "the incident", but it sure felt like they did.

For good info about the parks and the restraunts, go to this site (http://www.allearsnet.com) . You can view all of the menus for the restraunts that are on WDW property. They also tell you where you can get a decent drink.

Just so you know, the last time I checked, you could not get a beer(or alcoholic beverage of any kind) in the Magic Kingdom.

Have fun and buy you wife some mouse ears.

newportstorm
06-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by HogieWan
We've been married less than one year, so no little ones yet. We are going with my in-laws - her parents, her mother's brother and his wife and her mother's parents, so we are the youngest of the group. I am the only beer drinker in the entire group, so there will be complications

I did the family trip to Disney with my whole family, too. In laws, nieces/nephews, etc. I hung with my family during the day, met for lunch, hit some rides together, etc. At night, my wife and I did our own thing. While everyone else ate at the hotel "restaurant", we hit Pleasure Island, The Boardwalk, toured other resort properties, etc. We all had fun doing our own thing - you'll be OK.

Cheers!

MikShau
06-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Talk the whole group into going off property onto state road 535 ( Hotel Plaza Blvd past Downtown Disney). There's every franchise known to man there (Uno's, Fridays, Chevy's, Chili's, Giordanos, Joes Crab Shack.......) then on your way back, go a little further north on 535 and hit the ABC liquor store for something to bring back to the hotel. It will save everyone some money and you'll be able to get a stash. ABC's selection isn't all that good, but they have some bombers of Young's stuff there and all the other high volume imports and BMC you could want.

The Orlando Ale house is right off the same road. They have decent bar food and a bunch of taps, nothing unusual, but a bunch.

wortchillergoal
06-16-2006, 03:22 PM
We've been married less than one year, so no little ones yet.

This is not a bad thing as I believe every one should visit Disney at least once without children in tow.

If you go to Magic Kingdom, I still say do the Buzz Lightyear ride. I would also suggest seeing the Country Bear Jamboree and the Hall of Presidents.

If you go to Animal Kingdom and are going to see the Tarzan show, I have seating suggestion. The seating rows are like an amphitheater. Half way down the seating there is a wide aisle then the seating starts again. Sit in the first row facing this aisle.

Have fun and I hope you are able to meet your beer needs.

DecoJuicer
06-16-2006, 07:53 PM
I've been there with kids and without kids, and I have fun every time. When you go without kids, you see it as an adult. You see the hard work that goes into everything that Disney does. When you go with kids, you see it through their eyes. You see all of the magic and joy.

The last time that I took my kids, my daughter really got caught up in the enchanment. It was so great watching her get so excited about every little thing. My son was only a year and a half, but I ended up buying him a ton of stuffed animals because every time he saw one that he liked, he grabbed it and hugged it tight and would not let go.

I have been about 14 times now, and I still love going. My family has been going since the year they opened(my parents honeymoon), and we just keep going back.

DecoJuicer
06-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by wortchillergoal
If you go to Magic Kingdom, I still say do the Buzz Lightyear ride. I would also suggest seeing the Country Bear Jamboree and the Hall of Presidents.

Hall of Presidents is one of my favorite attractions, but I skipped the last 2 times we went because I didn't feel like listening to my dad and my sister bad mouth George W. Bush for the rest of the day.

Don't miss Pirates of the Caribean. They are updating it to make it more modern.

HogieWan
12-09-2006, 10:15 AM
I almost forgot to update this - I'm leaving in a few hours to head to the in-laws in Slidell, then we fly out of New Orleans tomorrow morning. I'll report back when I return.

ontap78
12-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by chazwicke
I think I would have bowed out and gone to London instead. Or Amsterdam. Cafe Gollum for a tour of Belgian beers! Rodenbach Grand Cru is awesome!

eppie
12-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by ontap78
Or Amsterdam. Cafe Gollum for a tour of Belgian beers! Rodenbach Grand Cru is awesome!

Interseting sugestion. Go to the Holland to try Belgian beer.
________
California Medical Marijuana (http://california.dispensaries.org/)

HogieWan
12-18-2006, 09:15 AM
I got back home Sat. night from Disney World. We had a great trip and I tried a few brews. In the "World Showcase" section of Epcot, they have beer and wine from the countries, but they were all crap. In the UK section, they served Bass, Guiness, and Boddington's - at $7 a pint!! All of the beer served was stuff I cou.ld find here at home.

Germany had Becks, Optimator and a hefe (I forgot which one). I supped an Optimator one night while watching the fireworks (which were amazing).

Also, in the American section, I tried AB's seasonal ale - winter cask ale or something. It was better than Bud at least. I enjoyed trying it, but won't order another.

I did find a brewpub called Big River Grill and Brew Works on Disney's Boardwalk. The food was decent, and the beer was pretty good- definately the best and cheapest beer at Disney.

As we waited for our table, we sat at the bar and ordered the pilsner (forgot what they called it) for my wife and the Sweet Magnolia Brown Ale for myself. After a few sips, Laura found that she liked the brown more than the pils, so I did what any loving husband would. I put the brown in front of her, took the pils, and continued drinking from both glasses.

The brown ale was great - probably one of my favorite browns! You could taste the black patent and chocolate malts, and the hops were british and subtle. The pils was lacking and didn't taste like a lager, but it was sorta tasty and drinkable.

Next round was a pale ale and a red ale, but the red was hoppier than the pale. The pale featured perle hops and was pretty tasty, and the red was great after it warmed a bit - nice roasty flavors came through the caramel background.

All in all, I was satisfied with the brews there. If it was local, I'd probably return. It's on the Boardwalk that has a few other shops, and close to Downtown Disney, so you could possibly let the wife shop while sitting down here for a while. Also, the Boardwalk has a hotel, which looked very nice. I'd consider staying there if I go again.

Tennessee_Timmy
01-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Newbie here. Plan on more lurking than posting, but that first post has to be about something.

Big River started here in Chattanooga, TN. If you are ever in the area, go see the Tennessee Aquarium first, then mosey over to the original BR (about 1 block away). Don't do it in reverse, the aquarium is a walk-thru deal;)

Now that I've plugged the local micro, I have to admit, I'm a bohemian who almost always chooses Taco Mac (the only non-metro Atlanta location) first. 2 blocks further from the aquarium, but with 46 drafts and around 200 in the bottle, always something I'm in the mood for.

steveh
01-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Germany had Becks, Optimator and a hefe (I forgot which one). I supped an Optimator one night while watching the fireworks (which were amazing).

Beck's? You sure it wasn't Lowenbrau? When I was at Epcot last March Spaten had the German beer concession: Lowenbrau, Franziskaner, and Optimator. Sure hope Beck's hasn't muscled in - Germany the best beer in Epcot (as you found).

I had the identical sample of brews you did at Big River and recall the same opinion of each -- though the Red was stale when I was there.

S.

HogieWan
01-06-2007, 10:20 AM
it was Beck's - I'm sure of it. I suggested a Beck's to my Father In Law and he liked it (he likes a lot of my homebrew but doesn't like his beer to taste like much). After my wife had a few sips of the Optimator, she tasted the Beck's and remarked that it just tasted like carbonated water :D

chazwicke
01-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Tennessee_Timmy
Newbie here.

Welcome to the board.

DecoJuicer
01-08-2007, 12:42 PM
The last time that I was there, we also went to the Big River Brewing Company.

I don't remember what I had(it's been a year anda half), but I do recall that it was enjoyable. The only problem that I had there was that the guy that was sitting across from us had overindulged all day, and began dry-heaving at the table. He made it to the bathroom in time to purge his system, but it still kind of spoiled the mood.

I remember that the food was also very good there.

Disney doesn't have a great selection of beers, but they do food right. I can only recall having a few not-so-great meals there. The buffett at the German World Showcase exhibit was fantastic, and so was the show. Mexico has pretty good food, and the Japanese exhibit has some VERY good restaurants.

We're going again this coming November, and about 6 months before we go, the wife and I always start looking at the menu's at the resturants there. www.allearsnet.com has them all listed, and they are fairly up to date.

I don't really worry about beer when I'm there, because I'm there with my family. If I want a drink, and where ever I am happens to not have anything decent, I'll usually just get a cocktail. I seem to remember though, that some of the resort hotels do carry craft beers. When I went about 15 years ago, we stayed at the Port Orleans Resort. I remember getting a beer that wasn't a BMC product.

kinjar
01-08-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm heading back in a couple weeks and ditto the allearsnet.com website - its a great resource for any questions about going to Disney World.

Last time we were there, we stayed at the Dept of Defense Resort, Shades of Green - they actually had the mini kegs of Koestriker for sale (along with Beck's & Spaten).

If you are a fan of food, wine and beer, you definitely need to go down to the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot in the fall - a lot more choices from all over the world.

Big River is a can't miss for me every trip, along with the Rose & Crown pub in Epcot.

This year, we are trying the new Irish Pub, Raglan Road at Downtown Disney.

HogieWan
01-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by kinjar

This year, we are trying the new Irish Pub, Raglan Road at Downtown Disney.

I saw that in one of the guides, but I didn't think it would be worth it - please let us know

kinjar
03-21-2007, 11:50 AM
please let us know

With all the "Irish" celebrating this past weekend, it made me remember this thread and that I was going to give my take on RR.

Definetly worth it. Much like many of the places in WDW, the food and service were top notch, but the restaurant itself was a lot of fun. There is so much symbolism and themeing involved to capture an "authenic" Irish pub experience. I won't try to go into it here, instead, recommend listening to an interview from the now defunct "mousetunes podcast". Look for the 20 FEB interview.

http://www.mousetunes.com/podcast-transcripts.php

The one item I found very interesting is that they went out of their way to get you to try non-BMC beers at the pub. Including offering an "Irish Beer sampling" and an "Import Sampling"(ala a microbrewery) of their various beers on tap.

And in case I didn't stress it enough, the food was outstanding! I had the most unique Shepard Pie ever.

HogieWan
03-21-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm sad now that I passed it up.

kinjar
03-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Sounds like you need to go back

DecoJuicer
04-16-2007, 07:51 PM
We were going to wait until December to go, but a great deal came up, so we made our reservations today!! We will be in WDW from September 12-20. We are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside resort.

I just found out today that each room comes standard with a mini-fridge. Since my BIL and I are the only craft beer drinkers in the group, we will have to find a place to stock up for those warm fall evenings around the pool. If any locals can point me to a good beer store close to the property, I would appreciate it. I saw a few posted, but the best one looks like it was quite a distance.

I definitely plan on hitting Raglan Road while we are there this time.

Doug123
04-23-2007, 02:32 PM
It would also be nice to find a place that sells good beer somewhere along the way from the Airport (MCO) to the Disney property. My family and I are also heading down soon, and I'll like to grab a couple beers to store in the room.

newportstorm
04-23-2007, 03:09 PM
I paid $10/day for a minifridge a few years back as I'd brought a 12 pack of Smuttynose in my carry-on. Waste of $$, imo. I drank exactly 2 beers the whole trip. My wife drank one and my BIL one more. I had to cart 8 singles back home with me. There was little downtime for me and my wife on this trip and when there was, we spent it somewhere other than our hotel room.

Everyone's different and if you take a break/nap midday or hang out in your room late night, by all means find some decent brew. But I survived quite well on the handful of places in WDW selling decent beer.

DecoJuicer
04-23-2007, 03:33 PM
We like to spend out evenings at the hotel by the pool. My parents are driving down, so I think I am going to load a cooler and have them take it down for me. That way I don't have to worry about finding something that I like.

DecoJuicer
09-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Less than a week to go until I make the trek to see the Mouse!!

My BIL and I are going to stock up on Saturday, and my parents have agreed to cart down our cooler.

I'm definitely going to hit Raglan Road, so I will give a review in this thread when I return.

chazwicke
09-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Have an excellent time!!

DecoJuicer
09-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Well, I just got back today. As stated before, the beer scene isn't all that great in Disney World, but there are a couple of exceptions. Keep in mind that these exceptions were not great, but they were at least better than most.

Most bars in Disney are now serving Sam Adams Boston Lager and Yuenglings.

At the German Showcase at Epcot, I enjoyed a nice liter of Bcks with my lunch, as well as fun German band. By the way, no "bud mud" from the Becks. They also had Spaten Optimater and Franziskaner Weiis(sp?). My BIL enjoy the Franziskaner.

The Raglan Road Pub at Pleasure Island. If you love good food and some traditional Irish folk music, then make a reservation here. This was one of the best meals that I had while at Disney World. On tap, they had: Guiness, Bass, Harp, Murphy's Irish Red, Konenberg 1669, Tuchar, Smtihwick's, and a couple of others that I can't recall. When I asked the server(who used to bartend) about their bottle selection, he muttered the usuall bit about the BMC products, but then he said that they only keep those around for people who don't like real beer. They had a nice wine selection that even included a mead. The place is very popular, so if you are going, you should make reservations as soon as you book your trip, OR...when you show up, ask to be seated on the patio. All patio seating is first come, first serve. We were seated within 5 minutes. Of course the weather is hot and you can't enjoy the music, but it doesn't change the flavor of the food or the beer.

The best beer that we had was what we took with us. GL Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat, Atwater Vanilla Java Porter, GL Ocktoberfest, Rogues Dead Guy Ale, and Bell's Two-hearted Ale. The Bell's was my favorite of the week.

I did start an impressive collection of Disney Beer glasses also. I got 2 standard Pint(16 oz;) ) glasses, one with Mickey and one with Goofy. I also bought several Pilsner glasses from different parks. When I get them all unpacked, I will post a pick.

We had a few problems, but all in all it was a really good time. However, I would NEVER stay in the Port Orleans Riverside resort again.

HogieWan
09-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by DecoJuicer

We had a few problems, but all in all it was a really good time. However, I would NEVER stay in the Port Orleans Riverside resort again.

that's good to know - what led to this conclusion?

also, where did you find GL and Bells?

DecoJuicer
09-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Hogie,

There were several problems with the hotel. First, none of our rooms were cleaned very well upon check in(we had 5 rooms in our group), nor were they cleaned very well the rest of the week. When we complained, we were told that they would give us a "VIP" cleaning. Apparently the VIP cleaning didn't include running a vacuum, cleaning the tub or toilet, or replacing the shampoo and soaps.

Also, we were promised one part of the resort and were put in a totally different part. We wanted Alligator Bayou and were put in Magnolia Bends. Magnolia Bends was nice, but it wasn't very kid friendly. Also, we were quite a distance from the theme pool and the main building. The only nice part was that we were very close to the parking lot.

We had a problem with the debit card that we used to secure our room charges, and they placed a note on our door. We saw the note and figured that we would deal with it when we got back from the park. Imagine our surprise when we found ourselves locked out of our room. Then nobody would come down to unlock it until we came to the front desk to discuss the problem. Guess where my other credit card and check book were??

The staff just wasn't what I would expect from Disney. They were disinterested, some were just plain rude(my wife needed some female products one night and the gift shop in the resort had closed 5 minutes earlier. The manager grilled her about what she needed before he would open the door...with a bunch of people in the lobby), they didn't take a whole lot of pride in the grounds, the restaurant staff was extremely slow and spoke very little English, etc.

The last 2 times that we went, we stayed at the POP Century resort, and I would go back there anytime. We stayed at this hotel because we thought it would be a little nicer because it is considered a "moderate" hotel as opposed to an "economy" resort.

I wasn't the only one who had problems either, there was always a group of people at the front desk complaining.

We brought the GL and Bell's with us from up here in Michigan.

HogieWan
09-24-2007, 11:05 AM
I forgot you had mentioned bring the beer with you.

We stayed at the Coronado Springs (another "moderate" resort). Our room wasn't as nice as we expected, but it was very clean and all the employees were very Disney-esque.

Adam
09-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Deco,
We stayed over in the French quarter this past march for seven nights and had a similar experience with the housekeeping. There was dust on the dressers, a string that came off a washcloth the first day we were there was in the back of the bath tub all week. (we left it there just to see if they would clean the tub)
We had to ask them to change the sheets after the fourth night; their policy is that they’re supposed to automatically change the sheets after three days for stays longer than that.
We had rented a rollaway bed because our boys (7&8) could not share the other bed(that’s a story unto itself), and the housekeepers never made it when they ‘cleaned’ the room. And the day we asked that they change all the sheets, the sheets for the rollaway bed were just thrown on top still folded up and then the bed was folded up so we had to make it after we came back that night.
One day they took all the towels and washcloths and only left two small towels and no washcloths, we called and they said they would send some immediately, an hour later they finally brought them.

Other than the housekeeping everything else at WDW was great and we’re planning on going back in January. We are thinking about staying at pop century but are unsure if we can get a rollaway bed there because the rooms are a little smaller than the moderate resorts.

Did you notice a big difference in the room sizes between the economy and moderate resorts? According to wdinfo.com the rooms at pop century are 54 sq. ft. smaller than the moderate resorts. If we do go with a moderate resort we’ll stay at either Coronado springs or the Caribbean resort.

DecoJuicer
09-26-2007, 03:06 PM
I would definitely endorse the POP Century. It is a very fun hotel. I don't know if you can get a roll away bed into the room. They are pretty small. The other nice thing about th POP is that all of the rooms are pretty close to the main building. It is not spread out nearly as far.

The Coronado is nice, but also very spread out, as is the Caribbean Beach.

If you stay at the POP Century, pay the extra $10 per night for the "Preferred Rooms". They are very close to the main pool and very close to the main building. Also, we always tell them that somebody in our party has problems negotiating stairs(usually true) and that makes sure that we get on the bottom floor.

Mill Rat
09-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by DecoJuicer
Also, we always tell them that somebody in our party has problems negotiating stairs(usually true) and that makes sure that we get on the bottom floor. The part of me that relished Al Jaffee's Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions features really wants to insert a snide remark about inebriation here.

Adam
09-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the info, but unfortunately after more research and a call to Pop century it seems you cannot rent a rollaway at any of the value resorts. I was told it is a fire hazard because the rooms are too small.

So SWMBO has decided, after checking out all the moderate resorts, we should go back to Port Orleans French Quarter.
It has gone like this for the last few days....this one is too big, this one is too....and that one has....but the POFQ is juuussssst right.
We really did like it there it was just the housekeeping we had a problem with. She said she's going to call the day before we are to arrive and tell them about our last stay to make sure it doesn't happen again. I doubt if it will make much of a difference but it's worth a try. If the housekeeping isn't better this time I'm sure she'll be making a big deal about it while we're there. :eek:

So it looks like I'll be making the final arrangements and some dinner reservations tomorrow.

Here's where we picked for dinner: Raglan Road, Biergarten and The Rose & Crown Pub any other suggestions? Notice a theme here? LOL
Oh and the kids picked the Hoop Dee Doo Review, we went last year on our youngest son's b-day and they loved it and this year we'll be there for our oldest's b-day.

DecoJuicer
09-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Stay away from the restaurant in Mexico. I ordered a tenderloin, and I got a flank steak. No apologies, no explanations, they just took it off of our bill. They knew they were wrong when they served it.

The Sci-Fi Dine In Theater is a fun place to eat, as is the 50's Prime Time Cafe. They are both in MGM Studios. They don't have much in the way of beer there, but you can get a decent cocktail.

The Hoop-De-Do NEVER disappoints. That is my favorite dining experience at WDW.

There isn't much really good food at the Animal Kingdom, but it closes early, so you can dine somewhere else that night.

I haven't eaten at the Rose & Crown, but I do have the fish and chips from the window service at the place attached to it. It is the same recipe, and it is delicious.

Enjoy your trip.