PDA

View Full Version : Where to get good beer in Huntsville, AL

jrurda
09-11-2003, 12:59 PM
I'm traveling to Huntsville Quite a bit now, where do I find a good selection of beers? The cursory tour of Huntsville and Madison AL, yield mostly bars but no breweries?

Suggestions welcome.

r/jru

Ishtim
09-11-2003, 02:37 PM
There are not any brewpubs here YET :rolleyes: . Nashville, 2 hrs north of Huntsville has several pubs...Market Street, Big River, Breckenridge, Blackstone...

If it is a variety of bottled imports you are looking for, I know of a few good spots to pick up a 6-pack or two.

Oh yeah and the OKTOBERFEST is this weekend 11th, 12th, 13th, & 14th on the Redstone Arsenal!

jrurda
09-12-2003, 05:52 AM
I can't make OKTOBERFEST

The last time I was in Huntsville early July, 03. The nicest selection I found was Tim's Cajun Kitchen, on Memorial. Pretty easy atmosphere great food and a wall cooler full of bottles. Mostly mass market domestics, but a nice sample of German imports and a couple of Abita's. I can't remember them all.

If I was looking for similar places with a nice mix beer where else could I go?

wtb/jru

Ishtim
09-12-2003, 02:54 PM
If you just want to pick up a 6 or two try these:

Great Spirits - Memorial Parkway and Drake Ave.

5 points beverages (directions if U need them)

Abu Dahbi's BP gas station in 5 points. (not really abu dahbi's, but you would think it is, large selection of imports as well as US micros, again I can give you directions)

There is a Copeland's of New Orleans restauarant on the south end of town that has Guinness on Nitrogen tap :eek: . That is my favorite. OOOoooohhh the creamy head!!!

jrurda
09-15-2003, 08:26 AM
Ishtim,
Right now work has me down in Huntsville once or twice a month for 4-5 days each trip. I usually stay near the airport on Madison and Wal Triana. I've hit a lot of resturants on Madison, University and Memorial. I've also been directed to Decatur but with 10-12 hour days I'm usually not in the mood to drive too far.

Direction s to Copeland's would be appreciated. Also I don't know where 5 Points is. If it's worth checking out I might swing by.

thanks for the help

wtb/jru

Ishtim
09-16-2003, 03:39 PM
Copeland's is located at the corner of airport road and Momorial Parkway South (US 231). Take I-565 east from Madison. Go past the Space & Rocket center, then exit SOUTH onto Memorial Parkway (US 231). Continue South for 5 or 6 exits and get off at the airport road exit. Copeland's is just to your right . Probably 10-15 min. from Madison.