PDA

View Full Version : Maisel Brau in US

zauber1
05-17-2007, 07:06 AM
Does anyone know if you can buy Maisel Brau products in Texas?

steveh
05-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Maisel used to be imported into the US by Merchant DuVin, but I don't see it at their site anymore. Based on RateBeer's ratings, it looks like the labels are still available stateside. Might want to quiz your local store manager.

BTW BeerAdvocate's Maisel link isn't correct, a little digging uncovered this: http://www.maisel.com/ E-mail 'em and see what they say about US availability.

S.

newportstorm
05-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by steveh
BTW BeerAdvocate's Maisel link isn't correct

Shocking.

steveh
05-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by newportstorm
Shocking.

Really? Seems like most that I've utilized haven't been off. Dunno.

S.

zauber1
06-04-2007, 01:37 AM
I emailed the brewery (THANKS STEVEH!) and got this answer:

thank you for your interest in Maisel's Weisse.

We are working with an importer in South Carolina and up to now this is the only state we export Maisel's Weisse. But we are working on a higher distribution for our product in the United States and at the end of the year we probable sell in texas, too.

Best regards
Michael Götz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Götz
Leiter Vertrieb Innendienst
Tel.: +49 (0)921 401 280
Fax: +49 (0)921 401 206
Email: m.goetz@maisel.com
http://www.maisel.com

Brauerei Gebr. Maisel KG, Hindenburgstr. 9, 95445 Bayreuth
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafter: - Oscar Maisel -
Brauerei Maisel Geschäftsführungsgesellschaft mbH
Amtsgericht Bayreuth HRA 3017
Sitz: Bayreuth (Registergericht: Bayreuth HRB 737)
Geschäftsführer: Jeff Maisel, Hermann-Josef Boerger
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verwaltung Empfang/Maisel

steveh
06-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Nice Zauber. E-mail them back and tell them they have some interested, would-be customers all over the country here.

In fact -- send them a link to RealBeer.

S.

chazwicke
06-04-2007, 02:19 PM
I recall several of their beers formerly being available. I've been by the brewery in Bayreuth while on my way to Czechoslavakia (Back when it was one country). Bayreuth is also where the famous Opera House that Wagner composed for is located.

I think there are actually 2 different Maisel brewers in Germany if I remember correctly. I don't think they are related.

steveh
06-04-2007, 03:22 PM
The link I gave was to the same brewery that was once imported by Merchant DuVin. Maybe they've broken ties and been trying to export on their own these days.

S.

zauber1
06-05-2007, 10:54 PM
If I recall correctly, the brewery was located on the west side of the town of Bayreuth and was on the side of a hill. You could see the brewery from all over town because of its commanding view.

I don't recall another brewery in town - certainly not one of the same name. One had to drive further north to Kulmbach to find a town with more than one brewery (Kulmbach had 6 in 1986!)

pmaisel
06-12-2007, 05:35 PM
There are two Maisel breweries in Upperfrankonia one in Bayreuth (the more famous, Maisel´s Weise etc.) and one in Bamberg. There was a third Maisel brewery near Bayreuth in Obernsees till the early 90´s. For now there are 7 breweries in Bayreuth City, and about 200 in Upperfrankonia (in about 1 hour driving distance from my home)
If you are interested here is our website on breweries in my
county: www.bierland-oberfranken.de/english/english_25.html (http://www.bierland-oberfranken.de/english/english_25.html)

Cheers

Peter

chazwicke
06-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks and welcome to our board!