PDA

View Full Version : Would it be ok to post a thread here in german ?

Stahlsturm
07-06-2009, 12:55 PM
The people over at BA don't like posts in german and there are a bunch of members (including several who already post here as well) who would like to have a weekly german thread so they can practise their german.

Whaddaya think Steve ?

HogieWan
07-06-2009, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't mind attempting to read German, but I can see how it can get out of control very quickly.

Stahlsturm
07-06-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm not proposing to convert the entire sub forum. This would be just one "Stammtisch" thread a week. I'll volunteer to moderate it for Steve if that's required :)

wortchillergoal
07-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Ok by me. Would it make sense to post it in the Beer in Germany fourum?

ClaudiusB
07-06-2009, 03:57 PM
I already post in German on the Hobbybrauer.de forum.
Once a week is fine with me.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

beerking
07-06-2009, 06:52 PM
It would be OK with me. Give me a chance to keep my German from getting too rusty. ;)

Mikegobrew
07-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me, except if I see "Mikegobrew" and I don't know what is being said. haha. Really, that was a joke.

OntheLoose
07-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Great Idea. Ich spreche nur ein klein wenig Deutsch. It may get me back into trying to learn more.

Stahlsturm
07-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Ok by me. Would it make sense to post it in the Beer in Germany fourum?

Well, the idea is that people who are interested in beer in Germany and who come here to drink it can practise their german a bit.

Stahlsturm
07-07-2009, 01:01 PM
It would be OK with me. Give me a chance to keep my German from getting too rusty. ;)

That's the idea exactly :)

Stahlsturm
07-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me, except if I see "Mikegobrew" and I don't know what is being said. haha. Really, that was a joke.

I'd translate for you of course :)

Stahlsturm
07-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Great Idea. Ich spreche nur ein klein wenig Deutsch. It may get me back into trying to learn more.

Wir fangen alle klein an :)

chazwicke
07-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Bring it on Sturm.

Btw I'll forward the details of my Belgian and German trip soon. The dates I'll be in Bavaria and Franconia are Sept. 7 - 11. My buddy has booked the lodgings and I know we'll be in Bamberg at Hotel garni Altenburgblick 9-10 and back in Munich overnight on the 10th. Hope to meet up maybe in Regansburg. He is doing the planning and I think the train runs right through there. I'll PM more details as the time gets closer.

wortchillergoal
07-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Well, the idea is that people who are interested in beer in Germany and who come here to drink it can practise their german a bit.

Was just a knee jerk reaction from a goalie.

Froh beim bier

chazwicke
07-07-2009, 03:17 PM
The people over at BA don't like posts in german and there are a bunch of members (including several who already post here as well) who would like to have a weekly german thread so they can practise their german.

Whaddaya think Steve ?

Steveh says it should be fine. Chatted with him some this afternoon.

Windigstadt
07-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Hey guys... I'm one of the Stammtisch refugees. I've been homebrewing for five years and have been on BeerAdvocate for just as long but have been growing tired of their, um, "style" of moderating. Thanks for welcoming us and understanding that one thread in German isn't going to lead to the downfall of civilization as we know it. ;-) I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody over here. Prost!

chazwicke
07-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Welcome. We're a civil bunch over here. We're glad to have you.

Bierman9
07-07-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm not proposing to convert the entire sub forum. This would be just one "Stammtisch" thread a week. I'll volunteer to moderate it for Steve if that's required :)

Stahlsturm moderate? Sort of like asking the fox to guard the henhouse, eh?? ;-) Watch out for this guy!@!!

Bierman9
07-07-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm along time BAer as well.... Mostly just stay there as a way to post my beer and brewpub reviews.... I do a little forum action, but usually only when a longtime, well-respected BA friend posts. Too much crap and too many idiots there now, not to mention the head-goat, Der Führer and his porcine Mrs....

Anyhow, like I said a bit earlier, watch out for this Stahlsturm character... he's bad news!!! :rolleyes:

Prosit!!!

PS - I'm a goalie and homebrewer too.... YIKES!!!

HogieWan
07-07-2009, 06:44 PM
I have access to Pimleur's CDs to learn German. Anyone used them? How are they?

Stahlsturm
07-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Was just a knee jerk reaction from a goalie.

Froh beim bier

Don't worry about it :) I'm happy to explain.

Stahlsturm
07-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Steveh says it should be fine. Chatted with him some this afternoon.

YAY! Steve knows a fair bit of german himself but is rusty too so I'd imagine he'd welcome his :)

Stahlsturm
07-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Stahlsturm moderate? Sort of like asking the fox to guard the henhouse, eh?? ;-) Watch out for this guy!@!!

Huh? What did I ever do to you ? :D Did I not show you enough breweries when you were in Regensburg ?

Stahlsturm
07-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Anyhow, like I said a bit earlier, watch out for this Stahlsturm character... he's bad news!!! :rolleyes:

Will you ever forgive me for taking you on the Autobahn @ 200 KMPH ? :D

Stahlsturm
07-08-2009, 01:09 AM
I have access to Pimleur's CDs to learn German. Anyone used them? How are they?

No idea :D I'm sort of a natural it seems :D

skahtboi
07-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Wir fangen alle klein an :)

Einige fangen nie an. :D

Stahlsturm
07-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Einige fangen nie an. :D

Da hast Du auch wieder recht :)

MuenchenerKindl
07-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Ich bin hier.
Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut, aber es ist immer besser.

ontap78
07-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Post in German? NO. And I live in New Ulm, MN. Probably one of the germanest (is that a word?) towns in the USA.

Stahlsturm
07-11-2009, 03:04 AM
Ich bin hier.
Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut, aber es ist immer besser.

Deshalb üben wir ja auch :)

Stahlsturm
07-11-2009, 03:08 AM
Post in German? NO. And I live in New Ulm, MN. Probably one of the germanest (is that a word?) towns in the USA.

Nobody proposed to turn the entire forum in german. That would defeat the purpose of advertising german brew to a non german audience. BUT, many german beer lovers have somewhat of a grasp on the german language and would like to train that so they feel more secure and comfortable when they are over here hopping breweries. That is why the idea of a weekly Stammtisch thread in german was born. Of course the german speaking will be contained to these threads and nobody who doesn't want to is forced to participate.

Otis Spunkmeyer
07-11-2009, 04:56 AM
I feel like the odd man out.

I only speak spanish, :o

Windigstadt
07-11-2009, 08:31 AM

I only speak spanish, :o

¡Podemos tener un thread en Español también! Yo bebo Negra Modelo. Tú bebes Negra Modelo. El/ella/Usted bebe Negra Modelo... ;-)

beerking
07-13-2009, 07:51 AM
¡Podemos tener un thread en Español también! Yo bebo Negra Modelo. Tú bebes Negra Modelo. El/ella/Usted bebe Negra Modelo... ;-)

HEY!! This is supposed to be the GERMAN thread! (Besides, what does Spanish have to do with beer?) ;)

Mill Rat
07-26-2009, 09:19 PM
After 5 years of study and 26 years of non-use,my Deutsch is rusty beyond description, and since all the Spanish I know I learned in a steel mill, all I can do in Spanish is order food and start a fight.

I figure this ain't gonna hurt anyone, as long as we have a fluent moderator so we catch on when those posts might become unacceptable and take appropriate action. We owe that at a minimum to our internet hosts.

ClaudiusB
07-26-2009, 11:23 PM

I only speak spanish,

Perfect Otis Spunkmeyer, move to El Paso.
Spanish is our primary languages:D

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

beerking
07-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Spanish is our primary languages

I don't see any need for Otis to leave the country for that (El Paso is actually occupied Mexico! :D ).
He could just move to Mexifornia instead! :D :D

skahtboi
07-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Spanish is our primary languages:D

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

En El Paso, español es la única lengua. Es la verdad, si?