PDA

View Full Version : Devil in the boot pub

OldHooky
07-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Anyone familiar with this pub that was located in Winslow, Bucks? I have been trying to get a photo of the pub sign(searching the internet) for a few years now and have had no luck. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

mirofi
04-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi,
I don't know if you're still a member on this site, I searched but didn't find you.
I live in Buckingham, which is a small town about seven miles from Winslow. The Devil in the Boot is no longer a pub; I don't know when it became a residence but I do have a picture of what I believe was the pub.
If you search for 'Granborough Road, Winslow, United Kingdom' on Google Maps, Granborough Road run south from Winslow. Down the road on the left is Chiltern Ct, a small cul-de-sac; imagine turning right out of there and travelling a few yards south, there are two cottages to the left. One is at a slant to the road; that is the building I believe to be the old pub.
I attach the picture I snipped from Street View.
Regards
M F

OldHooky
09-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Thank you. It's been a while since I've been in the forum.

corkybstewart
09-11-2011, 02:25 PM
If it's not a pub anymore I hope it's at least a brothel.
I hear that England will soon run out out of country pubs at the rate they're closing. We stayed at a few country inns on a trip through the Isles back in 1984 and loved them. The one that sticks in my mind was at Flyford Flavel(Flyford Arms Inn), my Dad and I had a great time there throwing darts and drinking pints of bitters, whatever that was. My wife and I got the attic room. It was so old the floor sagged about 8inches from the wall to the center of the room.