PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Ales

tarapin
12-21-2004, 10:06 PM
We used to see the Pyramid Ales here in NY on tap(many years ago) I fell for the Snow Cap Ale. I have not been able to find it, anyone looking for any trade please PM me for details.
Thanks Tara

BrewDog
12-21-2004, 11:34 PM
You want kegs or bottles?

Pyramid has a brewery right here in Seattle.
There's better stuff here in Seattle than Pyramid, too (not saying that Pyramid is bad).

tarapin
12-22-2004, 06:34 AM
I am looking for bottles but am always looking to expand my horizons for a new and tastier brew. I know the west has lot to offer, but have only had from bigger micros such as Stone, Sierra, Pyramid, Anchor and I a once had a beer called Sea Dog, I think? Maybe we can work something out. Thanks

hopjack13
12-22-2004, 08:48 AM
.....................beer trading, 'aint it grand :D

tarapin
12-22-2004, 05:54 PM
I'm soooo glad I found this site......Life is good!!!!!

matth76
12-27-2004, 05:35 PM
One of the local paint stores near me has some Snow Cap left. If you don't have any luck, send me a PM and I'll grab some before it's gone.

Cheers!

chazwicke
12-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by hopjack13
.....................beer trading, 'aint it grand :D

Yes it is and thank you for the delicious package that you sent. I brought it home from my office and unwrapped it today. You are more than generous!. Thanks again.

Snow Cap used to be a fine beer. I have not had it in a while but I always did enjoy it.

matth76
12-28-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by chazwicke
Snow Cap used to be a fine beer. I have not had it in a while but I always did enjoy it.

It still is! It's nice and malty with a good hop balance. I prefer it slightly under room temperature and it warms you nicely on a cold night. A good winter warmer so to speak.

Grog
12-28-2004, 04:16 PM
My local grocery has cases (many, many cases), if you haven't already found a source let me know if want me to pick you up a few.

-G-

P.s. This is the best local paint store (http://www.bottleworks.com/) in this neck of the woods. If you see anything here, you cannot get there, let me know. I make a run once a month or so.

(I hope it is okay that I use the slang term, I am not sure how long you have to be around before you are allowed.)

chazwicke
12-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Nice store! That is quite the seasonal selection.

You may use the trade marked "Paint Store" termi anytime you want. No special requirements as far as I know.

B3s Where are you buddy?!

homebrewin' it
03-29-2005, 05:34 AM
there is also a Pyramid Brewery in Berkley,California. they make alot of great beers that dont get bottled. this site is heaven for sure!

chazwicke
03-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Are they connected with the big Pyramid?

CampAjohn
04-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Yup, the Pyramid in Berkley is all the same outfit. Pyramid bought Portland Brewing (MacTarnahan's) this past winter and moved all of their Pyramid brewing to the Portland brewery. Word has it that the Seattle Pyramid brewery will be brewing a foreign beer, I suppose under contract.