PDA

View Full Version : Manchester?

gallowd7
10-19-2005, 06:21 AM
My boss is heading to Manchester tonight for a long weekend. Can anyone give me some suggestions I can pass on?

Thanks

chazwicke
10-19-2005, 08:53 AM
Theakston surely could. He is only on sporadically these days but if you PM him he'd probably be able to help out.

MeridianFC
10-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Old Trafford for football and JW Lees for beer. He should really pick up the current Good Beer Guide, it'll have pubs worth visiting listed.

gallowd7
10-20-2005, 06:20 AM
He's not much of a "good beer" drinker, I just wanted to turn him on to something special.
Anyway, don't know how he did it, but he scored two tickets for the game on Sat.

Theakston
10-20-2005, 01:11 PM
just a quickie.

First definitely jealous of the Man utd tickets (I hope he wasn't even thinking of going to that other club)

Second..definitely check the CAMRA guide and definitely check out one of the Marble Brewery outlets:
click here (http://www.marblebeers.co.uk/outlets.html)

Holts, Hydes, Robinsons all good local breweries.
John Willie Lees is one that has bucked the trend and is now actually better than it used to be "when I were a lad"
Boddingtons on the other hand now officially sucks.

critch
10-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by MeridianFC
liverpool for football and hydes and holts for beer. He should really pick up the current Good Beer Guide, it'll have pubs worth visiting listed.

i think you will find this is more factual:D