Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AleSmith Decadence (10 th?) Anniversary Ale.

AleSmith Decadence (10 th?) Anniversary Ale.

My favorite beer store, which I go to everyday before work (not necessarily to buy beer), had a shipment of AleSmith Decadence that sold out in 1 day! This is an ‘Old Ale’ according to BA, and I’ve never seen any specialty beers sell so quickly there (ever).

The store I go to is a mini exchange at MCAS Miramar, so you have to be in the military to buy alcohol there. Which leaves me to believe (because of the relatively low traffic) that either a few people really love it and bought them all up ($8.99 ea.) or that many people have been eagerly awaiting its release.

I ordered another shipment but there is no guarantee that it will arrive. However, I assure you that I will buy the first one I see.

Has anyone tried it?
    "The trolls may have my life indeed, when I can no more redden keen Laufi. Then you may carry the destroyer of the mailcoat's wand into the howe, without delay." -Bersi the Dueller.

I believe if you check with my ole buddy Hopjack, He can clue you in on Alesmith beers.
    What about it Hopjack Give us the scoop on Decadence.

I cannot speak for Hop but I have had it and enjoyed it very much. A rather complex, rich beer ( slightly different than North Coast Old Stock but maybe like the Thomas Hardy type, TOTALLY IMO ). Made to sit on for quite a while. I like almost all of the Alesmith beers and this one is very good. I'm sure you can find some if you look outside the San Diego area. I believe my paint store has a few left, I think.

Originally posted by chazwicke
    I believe if you check with my ole buddy Hopjack, He can clue you in on Alesmith beers.
    What about it Hopjack Give us the scoop on Decadence.
    sorry, im always late, hell i was born late
    it's a very good beer OUTSTANDING! not hopped up like most alesmith beers! i agree with triple H , kinda like an old stock or a hardy's almost. very rich in malt, that beer is all malt! it's been a while sence i had one....... and i didn't take notes so no real review. i'll look around i know a place out in huntington beach that may have one or two left, if i find one i'll send it to ya !
    To some its a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group.

well, damn! no decadence! they had some stone 8th & 9th and double bastard....but no decadence :'( this place was solid too! or so i thought, i might have another place or two, but i thought sure......damn, i need another one too! i didn't lay one down! i dank them both thinkin i could replace them.......

I dank them both thinkin i could replace them.......
    Ah yes, famous last words. I feel ya.... I'l check my spot see if they have one for ya. I had to buy 2 cases of the Old Guardian cuz they sold out so fast last year that I couldn't save enough. Bevmo sells'em but $.60 more. I don't want to make Bevmo rich.

yeah!! last years guardian was outstanding! i bought a case myself....but sadly, they didn't make it either. i have to start rebuilding my cellar!

I'll look for a Decadence this weekend.

No luck. Sorry h13. I'll keep my eye out for it though.

well.....i had a chance to lay one down and i drank it! thnx for the effort triple h ! i had no luck this weekend either, i think the beer is gone gone gone!!! at least i drank a couple though huh?

cheers

at least i drank a couple though huh?
    It is better to have drunk and lost than to have never "drinkeded" at all. Hmmmmmmmm........

AMEN! brutha triple H!!!

I was at my local paint store today, and they had at least three 750mL bottles of this. But at $15 each... is that normal for this beer? Or are they jacking the price way up?
    Primary: Mead
    Secondary: Dry Irish Stout
    Bottle/Keg Conditioning: Weizenbock, Dunkleweizen, Cider, Mead, Porter, IPA
    Drinking: Drunk Santa Ale, Chocolate Vanilla Stout, Ginger "Day-walker" Ale, Owen's Brown Pinkie Ale
    Up Next: Irish Stout, Blackwine, Witbier

I believe I paid $9.99 for it ( which is the going rate for their beers ) but $15 is not unheard of. So jacked it may be but not way up. I just hate that the store owner is getting rich and not the brewer.

Originally posted by L.H.H.H.Brown
    I believe I paid $9.99 for it ( which is the going rate for their beers ) but $15 is not unheard of. So jacked it may be but not way up. I just hate that the store owner is getting rich and not the brewer.
    It may also be due to my being in Ohio rather than CA. Other than the extra cost of trasporting it most of the way across the country, Ohio also has a load of BS known as "State Minimum Price" for beer.
    Primary: Mead
    Secondary: Dry Irish Stout
    Bottle/Keg Conditioning: Weizenbock, Dunkleweizen, Cider, Mead, Porter, IPA
    Drinking: Drunk Santa Ale, Chocolate Vanilla Stout, Ginger "Day-walker" Ale, Owen's Brown Pinkie Ale
    Up Next: Irish Stout, Blackwine, Witbier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast