Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Adams

I would still love to know if anyone else can get into this site right now: www.samueladams.com

If so, could someone find an email address for help getting onto the website or a phone number? It's STILL locking me out (assuming the site didn't just crash when I was trying to use it the other day)...

Fret
    So many beers, so little time off...

www.michaelolsononline.com - Drop in and say hi! WAY better than the old one.

I also tried that http and got nothing, but if you try bostonbeer.com you may find what your looking for?
    SteveO

The site is obviously down.
    My posts are definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Fret, you broke the Sam Adams site!
    "Bring a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. After that, bring one every ten minutes." Thornton Mellon

Originally posted by newportstorm
    I wonder how many here who condemn, or simply relegate Samuel Adams to a back up choice have explored outside the Lager...I've re-evaluated my feelings about BBC over the past year or so. Maybe it's time for some others to take another look, too?
    Ahem...
    Originally posted by steveh
    I agree that it's not a bad beer - certainly not macro-swill, but there are just so many other good beers out there that Sam gets relegated to "back-up." On top of that, being in Goose Island country, I have my own (slightly larger than) micro to choose from, so Sam gets passed by all the more.

On the other hand, I always enjoy many of the seasonal beers Sam Adams produces. S.
    My local has had the Winter on tap since November and I've been enjoying it often.

S.
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

Originally posted by newportstorm
    Grab some DBock (I prefer it after a year in the cellar), Holiday Porter (new in the winter 12pks this year), Schwarzbier (new winter beer) or Cream Stout. Or get to a beerfest (BA Extreme Beer Fest?) and get a taste of some of their more experimental stuff - 3 Weiss Men Weizenbock, Rauchbier, Double IPA, Utopias or whatever else they might be whipping up in Jamaica Plain.

I've re-evaluated my feelings about BBC over the past year or so. Maybe it's time for some others to take another look, too?

Cheers!
    They make a Rauch!? Now you've got my attention.

Originally posted by chazwicke
    They make a Rauch!? Now you've got my attention.
    Experimental. Not distributed outside the brewery - only beerfests that I've seen. Had two samples at last year's Extreme Beer Fest. Not a smoke bomb like some Rauchbiers can be, but paired nicely with some smoked brisket sandwiches.

Cheers!

p.s. don't believe it's on the menu for this year's EBF - but you never know.

I saw this thread today and decided WTF so I picked up a 6 of Sam Boston Lager and a 6 of Alaskan Pale Ale, which I have also ignored as I'm not that all that fond of Alaskan Amber - not that bad, just not great. (I also grabbed a 6 of SN Celebration as a backup -- just in case).
    -B'Dawg

Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour. Teach him to brew and he'll waste a lifetime. - Nuco Gordo

I agree with you 100% ratman03! I purposefully buy SA because I'm in the mood for a good lager.

Originally posted by fretlessman71
    I would still love to know if anyone else can get into this site right now: www.samueladams.com

If so, could someone find an email address for help getting onto the website or a phone number? It's STILL locking me out (assuming the site didn't just crash when I was trying to use it the other day)...

Fret
    Site is up. Can't find an email address for contact - they have an online form to fill out for questions/sign up for email newsletter, but you need access to the site

Only email I could find was re: privacy policy - privacy@samueladams.com. Hope it works for ya!

Cheers!

Same here, no problem accessing the site.

Well, it must have been my attempted access a few days ago that killed it - it's back online, and I can access it as well! Serves them right for trying to ban me, don't you think?
    So many beers, so little time off...

www.michaelolsononline.com - Drop in and say hi! WAY better than the old one.

Well I have been drinking Sam Adams products for over 10 years and find the quality well above average. It's a beer you can find pretty much everywhere and blows away any of the big three most commonly served beers and if i have to choose one of those i'd rather drink water.

This past August I went to Knoxville, IA on a week long racing vacation. I took a case of macroswill and 2 six packs of Samuel Adams. One evening in camp after racing, one of the other drivers, a macroswill-only drinker, tried a SA Boston Lager for the first time. He liked it so much we had to go around town and find a store that sold it. After we got home he went to the store where he gets his beer and talked the owner into stocking it. Turns out there are a lot of Samuel Adams drinkers here, as the store is always out when he goes to get some. I prefer to homebrew and will buy BudMillerCoors when the funds get tight, but two of my favorites are Samuel Adams Boston Lager and Guiness Extra Stout. I drink a wide variety of beers, often showing up at the race shop with four or five different kinds. I agree with most who have posted here, the Samuel Adams light is a mistake, but it is a business and most American beer drinkers seem to prefer a light lager (yuck).
    what doesnt kill you makes you stronger

Originally posted by mtnole
    Well I have been drinking Sam Adams products for over 10 years and find the quality well above average. It's a beer you can find pretty much everywhere and blows away any of the big three most commonly served beers and if i have to choose one of those i'd rather drink water.
    I'm with ya. I'd rather have nothing than drink BMC

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast