Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Adams

you ever read anything michael jackson wrote about Samuel Adams? to me its reminiscent of the latest barry bonds press conference.. its very complimentary in a general scheme but stays away from some of the major concerns or debatable topics..
    i'll have to find that one and post it here.. its kind of the way i feel about them too, i miss the honey porter, cranberry lambic, and the flannel 6 pack double bock, their more regular stuff is like - 'eh.. but i personally really like the chocolate bock, triple bock and the utopias II in the face of much dispute through things i've read from many members here..
    i visited the brewery once and while i was there got to try some abe lincoln porter (or was it george washington?) and that was pretty good too....

I have a George Washington Porter in my list of porters to taste, but it's by Yards....
    So many beers, so little time off...

www.michaelolsononline.com - Drop in and say hi! WAY better than the old one.

Here are the only reviews for the Samuel Adams GW Porter I could find:

I cannot tell a lie - this beer blows!

Only 2 opinions to go on, so take the tour and judge for yourself. I didn't think too much of the Yards GW Tavern Porter either - nor their Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale. I dig history, but these beers should have been left there, imo.

Cheers!

Originally posted by chazwicke
    I'm with ya. I'd rather have nothing than drink BMC
    I did that or had a vodka n tonic while waiting for US Scare to reschedule my flight(s) last week.

As for SA, they put out a decent product in their lager and ale. The cherry wheat is cough syrup without codiene, to me. Their light is the only light I will drink.

As someone said in a previous post, you have to give them credit for bringing craft beer out in the limelight. Without them, it might have been a hard climb for manyother craft brewers to succeed. My guess the resentment towards SA is the fact they are growing by leaps and bounds.

To me, it all boils down to the product. I don't care how big or little the company is.
    I've seen better looking hops on a one-legged rabbit..

Originally posted by fretlessman71
    I have a George Washington Porter in my list of porters to taste, but it's by Yards....
    Really?

Originally posted by unkle bik

To me, it all boils down to the product. I don't care how big or little the company is.
    Agreed.

Originally posted by chazwicke
    Really?
    Yes, I do - thanks chaz!

I have one too but have not yet tried it.

But you don't like porters anyway, chaz... how come?

I like them but they and stouts are among my least favorite styles. Except the ones I've had in the UK and the Lion from Sri Lanka. They are not as harsh or over roasty as most American Versions. I think one of the reasons I llike Oatmea Stouts as they are mellower than regular stouts. An I think most Stouts on nitro are also better. That velvety texture is nice.

Does/has anyone ever brewed/marketed an Oatmeal Porter?

Good question. I like to moderating effects of the oatmeal.

BUMP - gonna keep this fresh... looking for an oatmeal porter, or a reason why this would be a bad idea....

Why don't you try brewing one next time you brew?

Sure - catch me in about 4 months...

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast