Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Curse of the reverse beer snob.

Great Lakes in Cleveland is 100% smoke-free - I believe it's the only brewpub I've been to in the country that has elected (i.e. not been forced) to do so. It's wonderful. You can actually TASTE the beer without choking on clouds of cigarette smoke, and their beer is world-class!

Originally posted by hops99
    Great Lakes in Cleveland is 100% smoke-free - I believe it's the only brewpub I've been to in the country that has elected (i.e. not been forced) to do so. It's wonderful. You can actually TASTE the beer without choking on clouds of cigarette smoke, and their beer is world-class!
    Do they still make that outstanding Hefeweizen? I had some of their beer with a fellow from Montreal while we were laid over up there. Good stuff!
    "Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop."
    --Winston Churchill to his Secretary of War, 1944

I like the idea of no TV, no pinball, video games, or no music. I like to be able to talk without having to shout over Loud music or TV. It is also not my preference to watch sports at a pub. People can get really riled up and be disruptive. I Think that belongs in a sports bar and not a pub. While I am not a smoker I dont mind being around those who do. I prefer not to but smoke would not keep me out of a pub. My most important criteria is of course good beer and I am willing to tolerate a fair amount of the above for it.

Go West, young man!

JDW have moved across the water. But so far, only to Ireland. Give them time...!
    Richard English

How many drinkers have you converted to good beer today? ;)

Being a brewer in a brewpub, my beers are already served far too cold, because, unfortunately, thats what my clientele wants. On occasion, I will catch my bartenders putting glasses in the fridge. Then it gets ugly. I go into my little spiel about cold affecting the flavor, and so on. I tell them if, god forbid, someone wants a chilled glass, to roll it around in the ice for a little while, but, under no circumstances are our glasses to be chilled. I think by now, they've got the picture. I put a cask conditioned ale on every Wednesday night, served at the proper cellar temp. and that keeps both my real ale fans, and me happy.

Steve

Where's your pub Steve (and yet another Steve to add to our growing list - Steve's For Good Beer!)?

S.

Which Brewpub do you call home?

Steveh-

My pub is in the Bay Area. Sunnyvale, Ca to be exact. It's about 30-40 miles south of San Fransisco. I like the Steve's for good beer idea!

Cheers,

Steve

what's the name? if i ever get up that way i'll check it out.
    i am in riverside...about 50 miles west of L.A. you guys are more beer orientated up that way i think and to the south there is san diego who's is beer orientated as well ...im just stuck in the middle , lingering sadly in beer limbo...
    To some its a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group.

fidcastro Guest
    Originally posted by hops99
    Damn, that makes me even more excited. I haven't been there since 2000, and I get to go in a week and a half...

By the way, did they make the Nosferatu this year? I was hoping to get some, but I'm probably going to be too late, even if they did make some.

Originally posted by Stodbrew
    Steveh-

My pub is in the Bay Area. Sunnyvale, Ca to be exact. It's about 30-40 miles south of San Fransisco. I like the Steve's for good beer idea!

Cheers,

Steve
    I was born in Mountain View, and spent the first 5 years of my life in Fremont! Very cool that you're so close!
    So many beers, so little time off...

www.michaelolsononline.com - Drop in and say hi! WAY better than the old one.

I once drank in a brewpub in Fremont. Brewpub on the Green. Iwonder if it is still there.

I feel kind of bad because I feel like I'm just advertising the brewery, but, here goes. It's called Stoddard's Brewhouse & Eatery. So, Hopjack, by all means, come on by and I'd be happy to have a pint (several) with you.

Chazwicke- Unfortunately, Brewpub on the Green closed several years ago, but there is a newish brewpub there called Jack's, and the beers are very good.

Steve

Originally posted by Stodbrew
    Hopjack, by all means, come on by and I'd be happy to have a pint (several) with you.
    well several is what i had in mind!
    probably won't make it up there any time soon, but i'll let you know when im on my way!
    cheers
    To some its a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group.

Hah, I just escaped Riverside. The Brew Co was reasonable. Too bad one of their waitresses stole a computer from me (she was my roommate for a few months).

Originally posted by hopjack13
    yeah they always start out with...."we have bud,miller,coors,coors lite" wtf would i be at a brew pub for if i just wanted a macro?
    at the riverside brewing co.(who's beer is just half ass okay)
    if you order a bud they ring this loud bell behind the bar to which you will get boo'd by most of the customers.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast