Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Uh...what's going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by corkybstewart
    I haven't seen any of the ads you're talking about so I can't judge them on that. We don't have any smaller breweries out here that they would target.
    Otherwise if they have a good beer at a good price I would probably buy it, but I've only had one or 2 AB products that I would even consider paying money for.
    Who is it here on RB that works for or used to work for AB?
    I did not word that properly. It is more their strong tactics. if you recall, I posted a story about them forcing a local micro out of a charity event or they wanted their sponsorship money back. they pulled that move two days before the event. If they had been up front about that from the start, no problem. But to wait until two days before the event was underhanded, nasty and cheap to say the least.

Let us not forget the buy off of Nightline where they made contract brewing sound like a case of felony fraud.
    Olgethorpe is screening me!

Quote Originally Posted by wortchillergoal
    I did not word that properly. It is more their strong tactics. if you recall, I posted a story about them forcing a local micro out of a charity event or they wanted their sponsorship money back. they pulled that move two days before the event. If they had been up front about that from the start, no problem. But to wait until two days before the event was underhanded, nasty and cheap to say the least.

Let us not forget the buy off of Nightline where they made contract brewing sound like a case of felony fraud.
    I'm not arguing wit ya, and I vaguely remember the charity issue. I have no idea what the Nightline story was. I do know that their distributor kept higher ABV beers out of Alabama for a long time, but that was the local distributor, not the corporate office.
    And yes Vance I did try the Bud American Ale. I was at Mad Scientist's house and a buddy brought over a couple of bottles. We split the first one among the three of us, and I think he threw the other one in the garbage. It's really nasty stuff.
    It's always time for a beer

On tap:Oatmeal Stout, ESB
    Primary:Imperial HoppyRoggenbier
    Bottled:2006 crabapple cider,Cherry Brett,Black Braggot,2 Prickly Pear Meads(1996 and 2006),Sour Pumpkin
    Lagering: Pecan Rauchbock
    Secondary: apple cider vinegar
    Next: Sticke Alt

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345