Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We're back

We're back

Look different?

The look, and even some functional parts, may change a bit in the next week or so as we figure out just what is here.

Please use this forum to discuss problems and to offer solutions.

You guys will be way ahead of me on most things.

Thanks

Uh yeah -- different -- the "blue" period.

For those looking, check the "Quick Links" drop down, above right, for "Today's Posts." Sort of the "Latest Posts" link.

S.
    Last edited by steveh; 02-08-2008 at 09:38 AM.
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

'Ey Stan? The link back to the RB front page -- up on the top left, ain'a werkin' yet.

Heh - heh, and there seems to be a split connection between locations and birth dates...

S.

I thought I'd walked into the wrong bar.
    "It happened to me that I drank one beer after another."
    -Hasek

Quote Originally Posted by steveh

Heh - heh, and there seems to be a split connection between locations and birth dates...

S.
    May take a little while to solve that one.

Two old considerations that admin may have control of by now:

1) Length of post (currently 10,000) and PM (currently 1500ish)

2) Amount of smilies permitted (currently ONE, which is just sad )

Site looks good! It will take some getting used to, but I like it!!! Well done!
    So many beers, so little time off...

www.michaelolsononline.com - Drop in and say hi! WAY better than the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by fretlessman71
    Two old considerations that admin may have control of by now:

1) Length of post (currently 10,000) and PM (currently 1500ish)

2) Amount of smilies permitted (currently ONE, which is just sad.
    Why would I want to increase that? That's a serious question.

The PM is 1492, BTW.

And smilies, maybe I could be talked into two

Clicking the "new posts" link brings up a list of 5 posts, that I already ready a short while ago, and the info on the page says "Search took 0.01 seconds; generated 32 minute(s) ago. Search: New Posts"

I just clicked it, why not a search that was generated now instead of previously?

It would mean I wouldn't have to seriously tweak my Porter Thread in order to be able to use it in the manner I intended, for one... but that's just a personal issue - I understand it would probably only benefit me, so no biggie...

And two smilies would be a big step - it would mean that you wouldn't have to go back and erase someone's smiley from the quoted text if you wanted to include your own. Three would probably serve everyone well and keep people from overusing them. Whatcha think?

Quote Originally Posted by vadavid
    Clicking the "new posts" link brings up a list of 5 posts, that I already ready a short while ago, and the info on the page says "Search took 0.01 seconds; generated 32 minute(s) ago. Search: New Posts"

I just clicked it, why not a search that was generated now instead of previously?
    Don't worry - you'll have a search generated 32 minutes in the future, sometime in the future, to make up for "lost time".

Oh yeah Stan - any reason to keep the "brick red and yellow" color scheme on the home page if the rest of the site doesn't look like that? Just a thought.

It would mean I wouldn't have to seriously tweak my Porter Thread in order to be able to use it in the manner I intended, for one... but that's just a personal issue - I understand it would probably only benefit me, so no biggie...

And two smilies would be a big step - it would mean that you wouldn't have to go back and erase someone's smiley from the quoted text if you wanted to include your own. Three would probably serve everyone well and keep people from overusing them. Whatcha think?
    I noticed the two issue when I responded the first time (adding a smilie, so I had to subtract yours).

I'll take it on up two three, but reserve the right to pull one.

Like if people start using the hop smilie too much and we end up with a shortage. [and tested to see if it works]

Oh yeah Stan - any reason to keep the "brick red and yellow" color scheme on the home page if the rest of the site doesn't look like that? Just a thought.
    That's the theme everywhere but in the discussion boards and on the blog, and most of those aren't automated.

Yes, it will change, but not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Like if people start using the hop smilie too much and we end up with a shortage.

Oh boy... someone's been watching too much Letterman.

S.

Like Letterman is a factor when I have to be up in the middle of the night to make you guys more smilies.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast