Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The best beer in the world is...

In my post, I wrote "the Chouffe"...
    What I meant was of course "La Chouffe".

It's my session beer whenever I go to my headquarters/main watering hole here in Brussels.
    petitbilbo
    from Belgium, the beer country

Secondary: -
    Bottle Conditioning: Worringer Pils (Lager)
    Serving: Tzar Russian Imperial Stout, Belgian Dubbel

It's kind of cop out I suppose, but I'm going with Trappist Westvleteren 12. Tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago and I can say that it's certainly delicious. I have another bottle in the fridge that'll be opened this weekend (I'm excited). Though after this I'll have to go to belgium to get to try it again.
    ________
    Ford Pinto Engine
    Last edited by Beer Martin; 03-24-2011 at 09:28 PM.

I have had only ONE of those in my life and I remember it as quite an extraordinary experience...

By the way, I recently heard that the monks lacked funds to renovate the monastery (some parts are crumbling down from sheer age). That could mean that they'll have to produce more of they beers in the near future.
    petitbilbo

And the second best beer in the world for me is...

<drumrolls>

Any true K&#246;lsch !
    petitbilbo

La Chouffre

I enjoyed this beer While on the other side of the world in New Zealand. a long boat ride but I enjoyed it all lthe same, one of the most interesting beers I had while there was a Thomas Hardy's ale which was older than I, 27 years aged compared to my 24.

Ein Prosit!

What I've learned from this thread is you can not have a constant favorite. Any number of factors can change the idea of a favorite. Last night my wife started to talk about Christmas, here's where the factors come in, and I was reminded of New Belgiums seasonal 2 Below. That right now, till the factors change, is my favorite.

I'll post here again when the factors change.
    Calm seas do not make skillfull Sailors.

Primary: Clean and Sanitized Carboys
    Secondary: Clean and Sanitized Carboys
    Bottled: Nothing
    Kegged: Clean and Sanitized
    On Tap:
    Tap1: Dry
    Tap2: Dry
    Tap3: Dry
    Tap4: Dry

All equipment packed and in the process of moving. Hope to start brewing in late February.

Thumbs up Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale: So Good!

Despite having drank a wide variety of beers over the years, I was always against pumpkin beer. I never enjoyed eating pumpkin seeds, wasn't a big fan of pumpkin pie, carving pumpkins grossed me out and I just could not see the allure of enjoying a beer flavored with pumpkins.

However, I must first say that Pumpkin beer has moved into the top 3 spots of seasonal beers for me (Just about any Octoberfest still holding onto the lead).

I first tried pumpkin ale at Boston Beer works, but I have to say that Smuttynose's Pumpkin Ale is the best I have had so far.

For those who have not tried this beer, please do so before knocking it. For those who have, I hope you will at least agree that it is an interesting beer with a very flavorful finish!

Connor
    www.thecommonconnoisseur.com

I prefer to have a best beer of the moment and for me it is Picaroons winter warmer Picaroons.ca
    Barley is not grown for donkeys.

If you want to know what is the best beer in the world (I mean best to you) then ask yourself what beer you would choose if you could only drink one particular beer the rest of your life. Ofcourse this would change depending on your mood and the time of the year. If I had to make a decision right now I would say Lagunitas IPA Maxamus. It's strong enough for winter and refreshing enough for summer. Lee
    My favorite vegatable is hops

While a fine choice, there are better IPAs out there, but I can uunbderstand if your opinion is bent to the local boys a bit...

He who has never been drunk is not a good man - Old German Proverb

Primary: Replacement Beer IPA
    Secondary: Bug Shit Bock
    On Tap: IIRA, Apprentice Amber, Pig Slayer Pale Ale, Yeast Piss Lager
    Up next: thinking....not sure yet

Best Beer?

Isnt that like asking a father to pick his favorite child?

Ill go out on a limb and say I dont have a favorite, but at the moment I really enjoyed

Baltika No 9

I wonder if one was left to only drink a Rodenbach grand cru for the rest of the days if it would become mundane over time.

In all reality a silly question should be reworded as the best beer for you this week or month, our palates continuaally evolve and we continue to search and discover. How can one say this is the best beer without having tried them all? Maybe next Tuesday you will come across a beer that you enjoy more than your current favorite.
    Barley is not grown for donkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by East Coaster
    I wonder if one was left to only drink a Rodenbach grand cru for the rest of the days if it would become mundane over time.
    In a word, yes. I'm sure everyone has had a favorite beer that they couldn't get enough of -- then found out they really could. To new member Rest's point, it is like picking a favorite child.

S.
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

Quote Originally Posted by East Coaster
    I don't know, It is a mighty fine brew.

But I would never want to be limited to Just one brew forever.
    Dance to the music

I found Scullers IPA to be a superior brew, citrusy, complex, and unfortunately, no longer available...please start brewing again!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast