Thread: Free Beer Crowns

Free Beer Crowns

Beginning collectors! Would you like some FREE beer bottle caps? I may have some for you. Not many, not old, rare or special, mostly from the U.S. , all used and in good shape.
    I drink beer and hate to throw something away that someone else might want or use. If you're interested, reply.

I'm the same way. I've started putting a magnet under the crown from each new brew I try and my fridge is getting covered.

Well, you could always buy a bigger fridge--and I could move to a bigger house. But I'd rather help some beginner the way some collectors helped me before I ran out of room to display them.

Agreed, I give most of my extras to others. I have a nice collection of vintage Virginia and DC crowns. But the best collection I have seen is a friend of mine in Fairfax. He is the acknowledged "King of Crowns" in the USA. Having collected since the early 50s. Impressive collection. He also has one of the largest can collections as well. I'm a compusive collector and find it hard to throw away the crowns or even the six pack holders which I used to send to a guy up your way in Maine. He was on this forum but have not heard from him in awhile. Anyone heard anything from KeelKemper lately? I have a batch to send him.

Bud, IF you are interested, I could send you a batch of extra crowns as well. Keep what you need and give rest away.

Thanks, but I'm able to keep up with a surprisingly light response to my offer by my two beers a day. I should reach 2100 labels sometime this month and plan to stop seeking new ones at that plateau. Corey Gray at beerlabels,com saves six-pack panels, and we traded a few back in the day. He stil accepts contributions as far as I know, If yu want to communicate with me directly use bud_myers@hotmail.com. I live in Maine but nver heard of KeeKemper. What town does he live in? I've gotten beer from Vintage Celalrs in VA a time or two. They seem like nice people. Our middle grandson lives and works in Baltimore

Hey man, we are collecting crowns from the beers we drink. Haven't decided what we're going to do with them, but we have a bunch saved up so far. If you are still looking to get rid of some I might be interested.
    Starting a brewery in the Bay Area.

www.510brewing.com

Hello, in 1996 I noticed an NFL team (CIN) printed on the underside of a MGD crown. I made it my mission to collect the entire league including the ones marked AFC, NFC, and the roman numerals of that years super bowl. Both the Jaguars and Panthers were included (JAG,Panth) even though it was their first year. To this day after much research I have yet to meet anyone who knows anything about these or find any information online about them. I've phoned Miller and no one there could help me either. I've had the entire collection in a MGD beer stein for twelve years and this community may be the best chance I've found to learn the history or value of these crowns. Has anyone seen or heard of these before?

Sorry, my interest in beer caps is the top, printed surface

I do remember them and have a few BEARS in my collection, maybe 6 or so. Don't know much about their value but would imagine next to nothing.

New to the forum, anyway the beer crowns are still up for grabs? haha. I'm trying to make a Beer cap table for my older brother and need a lot of caps still and figured I'd ask on here. Just let me know, Thanks!