Thread: Private messaging. . .

Private messaging. . .

I was just wondering. . . . If I were to come up with a question or comment specifically for one of your guys, and I know you'd never see it in a thread, is it generally acceptable to send a private message?? I just wanted to ask before I became that weird guy that sends all the private messages . . . . .

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Botoole560
    I just wanted to ask before I became that weird guy that sends all the private messages . . . . .
    I think we already have one of those.
    On Tap -

Oak Aged Bourbon Porter
    Traditional Mead
    Russian Imperial Stout
    Squeeze My Grapefruits Summer Blonde
    Kolsch

Next to brew - Irish Red Rye, Chipotle Smoked Porter

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

Odds are that if you are interested in the answer, there are others on here that are as well.
    That said, I myself would not mind the occasional direct question sent via private message.
    -Beerking
    "Asking whether computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim."

Inventor of the Rauch HellerBock style of beer!
    GABF 2008 Pro Am Silver medal! (Rauch HellerBock)
    1st place Smoked/Wood Aged Beer - 2008 Longshot NE Region

I am open to PM's though I do prefer to see questions answered on the forums as there is always something to learn from every post.
    Somewhere on a park bench Godot is waiting on me.

Yes, I do simply walk into Mordor!

Drunken sailors: What do you do with them? Next on The View!

I was just wondering. . . . If I were to come up with a question or comment specifically for one of your guys, and I know you'd never see it in a thread, is it generally acceptable to send a private message?? I just wanted to ask before I became that weird guy that sends all the private messages . . . . .

Thank you
    No, just weird!

Just Kidding....
    Beer is not make from corn and rice.

Just think about what the information or question you want to send. If it would be of general interest, it should probably be in a thread. If it is something like "what's your shipping address for 'yeast samples'?" or like my question to another RB member about what stain was used for a kgrtr I bought from him, then a PM is appropriate. Sometimes you need to bug them in a forum post to check their PMs, though.
    On deck: a clone of Carolina Beer Co's Rye Stout, clone of Breckenridge's Vanilla Porter,
    Primary: Schwarzbier
    Secondary: Dortmunder, Hopweizen
    Keg Conditioning: Dunkelweizen, Roggenbier, Okto, Ord. Bitter
    On tap: Alt, Hefeweizen, Cigar City Maduro clone, Mild
    Bottled: Mead, Quad Rajet, Granola Bar Braggot

Too much of everything is just enough.
    - J. Garcia

Yeah, but being the weird guy is OK too
    ....but given the subject matter of our hobby AND the fact that most of us are some sort of scientist/engineer/techincal something or other, we are just naturally weird guys....

He who has never been drunk is not a good man - Old German Proverb

Primary: Replacement Beer IPA
    Secondary: Bug Shit Bock
    On Tap: IIRA, Apprentice Amber, Pig Slayer Pale Ale, Yeast Piss Lager
    Up next: thinking....not sure yet

Quote Originally Posted by Mill Rat
    Just think about what the information or question you want to send. If it would be of general interest, it should probably be in a thread. If it is something like "what's your shipping address for 'yeast samples'?" or like my question to another RB member about what stain was used for a kgrtr I bought from him, then a PM is appropriate. Sometimes you need to bug them in a forum post to check their PMs, though.
    second this
    a post by Mad Scientist:
    FWIW, SWMBO and I were working the house the other night, when she asked my if I knew how to soften hardened caulk, I told her "a cop tapping on the window should do it...."

Drinking: Dundee sample pack
    Bottled: Berry Wiezen (keeping one)
    Big Primary: Bleach
    Small Primary: Weeping Willow Ale #4
    Next: Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist
    Yeah, but being the weird guy is OK too
    ....but given the subject matter of our hobby AND the fact that most of us are some sort of scientist/engineer/techincal something or other, we are just naturally weird guys....
    i second THIS
    My posts are definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Thank you
    In general I don't mind answering questions via PM, however, most of the time it's better ask publicly and tap the knowledge of the group, rather than an individual. Post publicly first and if you don't get the response you're looking for or the specific person you'd like to hear from doesn't chime in, then go to PM. Still, rather than a PM discussion, it would be better to post your question publicly and ask the person you wish to hear from to take a look at your question, providing a link to the page it's on. One of the few caveats to this is if you're trying a recipe posted by one of us and you have a specific question relating to that, then PMing is probably the better way to go.
    Have a homebrew and put on your Hoppy face

The #1 Source for Profitable Business Ideas http://www.best-small-business-ideas.com

We have a private message function on here?????
    Scott

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by skahtboi
    We have a private message function on here?????

I was thinking private massage. But I guess private message is good too.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - B. Franklin

How about private messages during a private massage?

He who has never been drunk is not a good man - Old German Proverb

Primary: Replacement Beer IPA
    Secondary: Bug Shit Bock
    On Tap: IIRA, Apprentice Amber, Pig Slayer Pale Ale, Yeast Piss Lager
    Up next: thinking....not sure yet