Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steveh

Steveh

Steve,

I wanted to apologize to you for the recent flair up in the Kid Rock thread. It was really unnecessary on my part. Instead of making it a public battle, I should have just used the pm feature and I'm sure that we could have worked it out like gentleman.

Since I started it in public, it's only fair that I apologize in public also.

I know we have had our differences, but we have also had some decent conversations here. I don't want to be seen as one of the people who just can't get along. I do have a tendency to say what I think(SWMBO says that I have no mind/mouth filter, or more appropriately a mind/finger filter), and sometimes I forget to take a breath and try to look at it from the other persons viewpoint.

One of these days I will make it to Chicago, or you'll make it to the Detroit area. When that happens, the first round is on me.

Mike Slomka
    "I have a dragon in my garage" - Carl Sagan

Primary: Schwartzhund Lager, 7 Point IPA(Centennial IPA)
    Secondary: Nothing
    Lagering: Schwartzhund Lager
    Bottle Conditioning: Nothing yet
    Drinking: Pumpkin ale, Lawnmower Wheat Beer, Oatmeal Sweet Stout
    Up Next: Corky's Happy Wife

I knew this could be a happy place again.
    So many beers, so little time off...

www.michaelolsononline.com - Drop in and say hi! WAY better than the old one.

As has been said, this is definitely one of the more unique forums (of any subject) on the internet, and Deco (Mike) reinforces the point here. Where else might you see such sincerity expressed across the web?

To that end, I'll (try to) do the same. I know that there are times when some of my commentary may come across as snide or sarcastic (the sarcasm often being intentional), but I never intend to directly insult anyone, more that I try to show passion about a subject that has been passionate to me for many years -- long before the internet and RealBeer.

My intent here at RB is to quench a thirst of enjoying discussion about beer that I get nowhere else, along with a need to share my experience on the subject garnered over 20 plus years.

I apologize, myself, for failing to recognize that sometimes I'm not clear in my communication and that I often expect forum members to understand my tone and recognize my character after so many years here. An internet mistake, as it's so faceless and really not the corner pub.

So, onward and upward with Fret's "happy place" (no, that wasn't sarcasm), and here's a promise to be more clear, less reactionary, and less curmudgeonly in my communications.

I raise a pint to Deco tonight, and to behind-the-scenes moderator BeerKing (should be DiplomatKing), as well as the whole of RealBeer.

Steve
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

Thanks to both of you. And welcome back, Fret!

Let's hope this kind of attitude spreads, and sticks!
    -Beerking
    "Asking whether computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim."

Inventor of the Rauch HellerBock style of beer!
    GABF 2008 Pro Am Silver medal! (Rauch HellerBock)
    1st place Smoked/Wood Aged Beer - 2008 Longshot NE Region

Quote Originally Posted by steveh
    I apologize, myself, for failing to recognize that sometimes I'm not clear in my communication and that I often expect forum members to understand my tone and recognize my character after so many years here. An internet mistake, as it's so faceless and really not the corner pub.
    That is the problem with internet, emails and other ways of comunication one cannot determine tone through typed words like one can over a pint at a bar, in this way one can say something with emphasis placed in different parts of a sentance and results in two very distinct meanings.

Interpretation is key and since the majority of us are eccentric in nature ( maybe that just relates to me, but....) certain messages may come across being polar opposites to what was intentioned.

For example you may believe that I am trying to come across as inteligent and maybe witty, but I will be the first to tell anyone that I am in fact neither of those things.

Oh and if anyone is up to New Brunswick maple syrup shots are on the house.

Cheers, or in quebexico they express it as Sante!
    Barley is not grown for donkeys.

I think I feel a group hug coming on. (And I'm only being SLIGHTLY sarcastic. )

Just so long as nobody starts singing "Kumbaya!"
    -Beerking

(dejectedly puts guitar away)

I hate to see you sad Fret, go ahead and play it for us!!

By the way, where can I illegally download some of your music???
    "I have a dragon in my garage" - Carl Sagan

Primary: Schwartzhund Lager, 7 Point IPA(Centennial IPA)
    Secondary: Nothing
    Lagering: Schwartzhund Lager
    Bottle Conditioning: Nothing yet
    Drinking: Pumpkin ale, Lawnmower Wheat Beer, Oatmeal Sweet Stout
    Up Next: Corky's Happy Wife

Quote Originally Posted by fretlessman71
    I think I feel a group hug coming on. (And I'm only being SLIGHTLY sarcastic. )
    So much for the sincerity.

S.

Actually, that was pretty honest. Being honest about the level of sarcasm in a given statement is an interesting paradox, don't you think? If someone was sarcastic at all, you'd have to take everything they said through a "sarcasm filter" first, including any and all "honest statements". This concept has given rise to the once-unnecessary phrase, "What are you trying to say?"

Gotta love the english language.

Quote Originally Posted by fretlessman71
    This concept has given rise to the once-unnecessary phrase, "What are you trying to say?"
    I think the "group hug" suggestion threw the thread off course, just a little. Dr. Phil.

In all true sincerity, this forum has to be about the most honest place on the internet. Does that speak to the intelligence of good beer drinkers?

S.

I kinda feel guilty as the person who posted the original comment that got all of this started, and I'd like to just say that I'm glad you guys are getting along again. (I'd hate to see how the "group hug" thing would have turned out had this happened at the corner pub at 2:15am). LOL. I don't have a filter either, so if I ever offend or come across the wrong way, I didn't mean it. If I intend to, you'll definitely know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegobrew
    If I intend to, you'll definitely know it.
    Wait...that didn't come out right.

Thanks, Mike. We are all trying to keep this THE most friendly place on the web, AND about beer at the same time!
    -Beerking

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast