Thread: Brewingkb site down?

Brewingkb site down?

Does anyone know if the brewingKB site is down? I keep getting an "account suspended" message. don't know if it's just me or the site itself.

DC

Dittos. ( damn. dittos is not 10 characters)
    Somewhere on a park bench Godot is waiting on me.

Yes, I do simply walk into Mordor!

Drunken sailors: What do you do with them? Next on The View!

Quote Originally Posted by deafcone
    Does anyone know if the brewingKB site is down? I keep getting an "account suspended" message. don't know if it's just me or the site itself.

DC
    Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Jezzica, This is a pretty laid back forum and we're cool with new members. There's a number of very experienced beer aficionados and homebrewers very willing to share their experiences and insights. I can't even remember if we've ever had a flame war, and our moderators keep the robo-spammers and the trolls at bay. Welcome!
    On deck: a clone of Carolina Beer Co's Rye Stout, clone of Breckenridge's Vanilla Porter,
    Primary: Schwarzbier
    Secondary: Dortmunder, Hopweizen
    Keg Conditioning: Dunkelweizen, Roggenbier, Okto, Ord. Bitter
    On tap: Alt, Hefeweizen, Cigar City Maduro clone, Mild
    Bottled: Mead, Quad Rajet, Granola Bar Braggot

Too much of everything is just enough.
    - J. Garcia

Jezzica, This is a pretty laid back forum and we're cool with new members. There's a number of very experienced beer aficionados and homebrewers very willing to share their experiences and insights. I can't even remember if we've ever had a flame war, and our moderators keep the robo-spammers and the trolls at bay. Welcome!
    On deck: a clone of Carolina Beer Co's Rye Stout, clone of Breckenridge's Vanilla Porter,

- J. Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by jezzicaz789
    Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
    LovelyWendie99
    Last edited by animal; 05-10-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animal
    Welcome Jezz! Pull up a joint and smoke a chair!
    Umm, Animal, I thought this was a BEER forum, not one for illicit drugs. Isn't that perhaps even a violation of the forum ethics?
    -Beerking
    "Asking whether computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim."

Inventor of the Rauch HellerBock style of beer!
    GABF 2008 Pro Am Silver medal! (Rauch HellerBock)
    1st place Smoked/Wood Aged Beer - 2008 Longshot NE Region

Quote Originally Posted by beerking
    Umm, Animal, I thought this was a BEER forum, not one for illicit drugs. Isn't that perhaps even a violation of the forum ethics?
    Not IMO. Were told to not discuss how to brew with illegal substances. I know it's not this forum, but AHA's Tech Talk, there was a bunch of mention about brewing with weed as a psychotic ingredient in the past few months. One "cop" member tried to frown on it, but wasn't very successful. Now I don't put it in my beer, but personally I wouldn't brew without it.

To keep it short, we are hosted by a private entity that could have someone with nothing better to do mount some sort of campaign against them and use any poster's references to controlled substance use as some ludicrous basis for legal proceedings. Even if such an effort were to come entirely to naught, the effort to defend against such an arse is in itself an expensive PITA. If our generous cyber-host has requested that we refrain from such discussions, as equally gracious guests we should see fit to comply with that request.

- J. Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Mill Rat
    To keep it short, we are hosted by a private entity that could have someone with nothing better to do mount some sort of campaign against them and use any poster's references to controlled substance use as some ludicrous basis for legal proceedings. Even if such an effort were to come entirely to naught, the effort to defend against such an arse is in itself an expensive PITA. If our generous cyber-host has requested that we refrain from such discussions, as equally gracious guests we should see fit to comply with that request.
    Well put, Mill.
    -Beerking

Quote Originally Posted by Mill Rat
    Agreed. But I would highly doubt that they (someone with nothing better to do) would have the funds or desire to actually make that happen. Either way (mention of a widely used and accepted "drug") I don't really care. I would certainly think the AHA would have more to lose but then again, I'm probably wrong there too.

I don't want to be a stick in the mud here, but there are, I am sure, many members of this board who are not users of any illicit drugs, either by choice, or due to employer requirements.
    In addition to my own personal choice, I have 2 jobs riding on not being associated with drug use.
    I would appreciate such discussions being held elsewhere, especially given the expressed desires of the owners of this board. I'd hate to think such inappropriate discussions would require people to leave the board.
    -Beerking

Brewing KB is back up

Quote Originally Posted by deafcone

DC
    It's working now.
    Banjo Bandolas
    Ad Czar
    Real Beer Media

I didn't mean any disrespect, guilt by association, or anything of the sort. I like it here and don't plan to go anywhere. (by choice)