Thread: Beer Shipping Boxes

Beer Shipping Boxes

Anyone have a good source for these? Would like to know where to find them when my supply of boxes around here finally runs out...
    So many beers, so little time off...

www.michaelolsononline.com - Drop in and say hi! WAY better than the old one.

Watch the side bar and top ads on this site. I remember seeing at least 2 different companys there.
    -Beerking
    "Asking whether computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim."

Inventor of the Rauch HellerBock style of beer!
    GABF 2008 Pro Am Silver medal! (Rauch HellerBock)
    1st place Smoked/Wood Aged Beer - 2008 Longshot NE Region

beer shippers

E. Beaver & Company
    http://www.ebeaver.com
    Banjo Bandolas
    Ad Czar
    Real Beer Media

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo
    E. Beaver & Company
    http://www.ebeaver.com
    That is the one I have seen the most!
    -Beerking

beer shippers

They actually make the product so you're getting it from the source.
    Banjo Bandolas
    Ad Czar
    Real Beer Media

Ordered two boxes last weekend; they're here! (They showed up in yet another box.) For the record, their ordering site is kind of a pain in the posterior, you don't get any "email confirmation" to know that your order went through, but the boxes do indeed show up and are just what you asked for. So should someone give this a try themselves, don't be too dismayed by the lack of communication. It should all work just fine!

Question: For those of you who ship beer back and forth to friends and such, do you have a preferred carrier? FedEx, UPS, US Postal, DHL? Who's cheapest, fastest, most careful, what have you? Would appreciate some insight - the boxes I'm shipping are practically airtight, but would love to be as safe as possible. Thanks.

1. It is against Federal law to send alcohol through the mail.
    2. I don't think DHL is still doing shipments within the US (it is a Middle Eastern Company).
    3. I have used both UPS and FedEx with good results. Just don't tell them what is in the package. There is no law against them sending it, but most agents won't accept it if they know what it is. I prefer sending either "collectable bottles" or "yeast samples." Many tellers are wise to the "yeast samples" ploy, but you are giving them an out so they don't really care.
    -Beerking

Fed Ex ground, I usually ship no more than 3 bombers at a time. I agree with telling them its antique glassware if they want to play nosey Ned. No problems so far. I usually bubble wrap each bottle separately
    Last edited by M.K. Jeeves; 12-17-2009 at 06:51 PM.
    Being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned.
    Samuel Johnson

The only time I had a bottle break was when I shipped to Fret. Other than that, i have had good luck with UPS. I tell them it is model railroad parts and supplies.

Hey Fret, this thread remionds me of a woman I used to know. Her name was Iva, Iva Bigbox.
    Olgethorpe is screening me!

Quote Originally Posted by M.K. Jeeves
    Fed Ex ground, I usually ship no more than 3 bombers at a time. I agree with telling them its antique glassware if they want to play nosey Ned. No problems so far. I usually bubble wrap each bottle separately

What about shipping to Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by M.K. Jeeves

Do you do your shipping labels at home with your computer and use their drop off /self serve location?

For those transporting beer in suitcases they have to entrust to the care of airline baggage handlers, I have found one more step (pun-ch line coming) to protecting them: Put them in your shoes. Seriously. Anything that's a 500 ml bottle or smaller will fit in most shoes, and the leather and the soles to a decent job of keeping them safe.
    On deck: a clone of Carolina Beer Co's Rye Stout, clone of Breckenridge's Vanilla Porter,
    Primary: Schwarzbier
    Secondary: Dortmunder, Hopweizen
    Keg Conditioning: Dunkelweizen, Roggenbier, Okto, Ord. Bitter
    On tap: Alt, Hefeweizen, Cigar City Maduro clone, Mild
    Bottled: Mead, Quad Rajet, Granola Bar Braggot

Too much of everything is just enough.
    - J. Garcia

Southwest airlines allows up to 5 liters of alcohol to be shipped as checked baggage. That comes out to 14 bottles. I just did this and packed each bottle in a 9"x3"x3" box I bought from a warehouse supplier.

Read the rules about other airlines.