Thread: Hello From Narragansett RI

Hello From Narragansett RI

Hello all, new to this forum and rekindling a hobby that I had 20 years ago.
    I was a competition BBQer for the last 10 years and have retired from that little hobby. Now I am coming back to Home Brewing. Had fun with it in the early 90's now doing it with my 22 year old son.
    Will be around here looking reading and learning.

I go by Chefd60 because I am a culinary arts teacher in a high school and love it.

Ray Depot
    Narragansett Ri

Welcome to a great beer community, glad to have you aboard. Thanks for being a teacher as well.
    Olgethorpe is screening me!

Welcome indeed. You'll find a lot has changed for homebrewers since the 90's. This is a great site, many of the regulars are or were homebrewers and there's a lot friendlier attitude here than on some of the other sites.
    It's always time for a beer

On tap:Oatmeal Stout, ESB
    Primary:Imperial HoppyRoggenbier
    Bottled:2006 crabapple cider,Cherry Brett,Black Braggot,2 Prickly Pear Meads(1996 and 2006),Sour Pumpkin
    Lagering: Pecan Rauchbock
    Secondary: apple cider vinegar
    Next: Sticke Alt

Welcome, Ray-

I grew up in Westerly, now live out in the PACNW.

Things have changed in the homebrewing world over the years. Ingredients and techniques have progressed a LOT. Anyways, ask away and you'll find friendly folks that can answer your every question.

We're also hoping you'll share a few BBQ pointers with us, too!
    -B'Dawg

Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour. Teach him to brew and he'll waste a lifetime. - Nuco Gordo

Quote Originally Posted by corkybstewart
    Welcome indeed. You'll find a lot has changed for homebrewers since the 90's. This is a great site, many of the regulars are or were homebrewers and there's a lot friendlier attitude here than on some of the other sites.
    Naw. We are all acrimonious and insular with a tendency to be obtuse and curmudgeony.

Really, welcome to the site. There are a lot of great folks here and I believe you will enjoy it.
    Somewhere on a park bench Godot is waiting on me.

Yes, I do simply walk into Mordor!

Drunken sailors: What do you do with them? Next on The View!