Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ManInBlack

steveh I have no idea. Less down time at the office, perhaps. Richard got into a debate regarding terminology for describing how beer is carbonated and served. At some point a comment that might have been perceived as mildly snarky was made and it just wasn't the same.
    On deck: a clone of Carolina Beer Co's Rye Stout, clone of Breckenridge's Vanilla Porter,
    Primary: Schwarzbier
    Secondary: Dortmunder, Hopweizen
    Keg Conditioning: Dunkelweizen, Roggenbier, Okto, Ord. Bitter
    On tap: Alt, Hefeweizen, Cigar City Maduro clone, Mild
    Bottled: Mead, Quad Rajet, Granola Bar Braggot

Too much of everything is just enough.
    - J. Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Mill Rat
    steveh I have no idea. Less down time at the office, perhaps. Richard got into a debate regarding terminology for describing how beer is carbonated and served. At some point a comment that might have been perceived as mildly snarky was made and it just wasn't the same.
    That doesn't seem like a reason to quit posting here, to me, anyway.
    Scott

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

I'll be meeting up with Richard in England next month at a real ale festival. He is active on the CAMRA forums.

Steve had a lot on his plate and lots of changes in his life that took much of his time. I also think there might have been some snarky comments made in a discussion with him as well.

I think he does monitor this board occasionally. I'd love to see him post again. He is sorely missed here. He has a lot to offer and I always respected his reviews of beer. Which is something I usually take with a grain when others on any forum review them.

As I have said, I'm in touch with both of them outside of this forum. They are both still active in the world of beer albiet maybe not as much here.

I too have had less time to post here and devote more time to DC-Beer and Facebook where there are many pro-brewers and breweries from my area online and many Realbeerians as well. I still enjoy this forum but we all need to remember that civility is what makes this particular forum fun. I kno0w others from a long time ago who also left because of hurt feeling or what ever and they have never been back. I'm just glad I got to know some of these folks outside of the forum as well.
    Dance to the music

Anyone who wants to contact me on Facebook..It's under Chuck Triplett in DC
    Dance to the music

I miss steveh nand his expertise, especially his love of German beers which I'm really appreciating more and more as American breweries try to "out-extreme" each other.
    I think the board has been much more civil the past few months. There seems to be an influx of new contributors recently, hopefully they'll understand that they need to go somewhere else if they love conflict on the forums-BA would be a good start.
    It's always time for a beer

On tap:Oatmeal Stout, ESB
    Primary:Imperial HoppyRoggenbier
    Bottled:2006 crabapple cider,Cherry Brett,Black Braggot,2 Prickly Pear Meads(1996 and 2006),Sour Pumpkin
    Lagering: Pecan Rauchbock
    Secondary: apple cider vinegar
    Next: Sticke Alt

I am in touch with Steveh by e-mail, and he lurks here on occasion.

As Chuck said, he got quite busy in his personal life and kind of ran out of time. He also lamented the proliferation (several months ago) of, shall we say "less than polite" and "not as interested in quality beer" new members showing up. remember, last Fall we went through a period where most every new member seemed more interested in how drunk they could get, how strong a beer could be, etc, rather than the quality of the beer. Fortunately, most of them seem to have faded away, and was said earlier, we have recently gotten an influx of some pretty serious drinkers and brewers. (There were some snarky comments a few times as well, and they seem to have been cleared up) In short, I think it was a combination of many issues.

I hope he comes back soon.
    -Beerking
    "Asking whether computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim."

Inventor of the Rauch HellerBock style of beer!
    GABF 2008 Pro Am Silver medal! (Rauch HellerBock)
    1st place Smoked/Wood Aged Beer - 2008 Longshot NE Region

yeah I miss him as well......he really needs to come back and post on never mind...at least once

Well, they say he lurks here, so, Steveh, if you are reading this, come back and start posting. Many of us found your posts to be informative.
    Scott

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12