Thread: "New Posts"

Question "New Posts"

Anybody else having problems with the "new posts" link?
    It seems that whenever I click it for about the past month or so, it returns the "Sorry, no new posts" message. Even the "today's posts" link does the same thing. It doesn't matter if there have been a dozen posts today, the link doesn't work for me any more.

-B'Dawg

Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour. Teach him to brew and he'll waste a lifetime. - Nuco Gordo

No problems here, though with the low level of activity I just move on if I get the No New Posts message. Maybe there were new posts and I missed them. Hate it when that happens.
    It's always time for a beer

On tap:Oatmeal Stout, ESB
    Primary:Imperial HoppyRoggenbier
    Bottled:2006 crabapple cider,Cherry Brett,Black Braggot,2 Prickly Pear Meads(1996 and 2006),Sour Pumpkin
    Lagering: Pecan Rauchbock
    Secondary: apple cider vinegar
    Next: Sticke Alt

I've definitely noticed a decrease in activity. I guess it just goes to show that we all have this brewing thing totally figured out.
    "Nothing matters
    but flopping on a mattress
    with cheap dreams and a beer."
    -Butowski

Bottled: Maiden Voyage Imperial Stout, Dumpster Fire Cherry Ale & Belgian Dubbel
    Primary: Nothing-YIKES!
    On Deck: American Chauvinist Ale & Demon Concubine Black IPA

Quote Originally Posted by BrewDog
    Anybody else having problems with the "new posts" link?
    It seems that whenever I click it for about the past month or so, it returns the "Sorry, no new posts" message. Even the "today's posts" link does the same thing. It doesn't matter if there have been a dozen posts today, the link doesn't work for me any more.

Actually I AM seeing the same issue. I have to click on the link to posts from the last 24 hours to see anything and some of the posts are brand new ones that I have yet to look at.
    "Nothing matters
    -Butowski

Bottled: Maiden Voyage Imperial Stout, Dumpster Fire Cherry Ale & Belgian Dubbel

I haven't noticed it. I have seen the "no new posts" message but assumed it was because of no activity also. I'll have to pay more attention. How do you know if you missed a post if it tells you there aren't any new ones though?

The problem corky is having with the "New Posts" link happens to me every so often, I'll click it...it opens a list of the new posts.

However, after reading one of these new posts I would then click "New Posts" again and it would say there are no new posts.

So it's like I miss the chance to see any of the posts I don't view immediately.

but then again, later in the day it usually comes back anyway so it's prolly just clunky page mechanics.
    It's like a chorus of angels riding whales through space.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegobrew
    I haven't noticed it. I have seen the "no new posts" message but assumed it was because of no activity also. I'll have to pay more attention. How do you know if you missed a post if it tells you there aren't any new ones though?
    Because you can click on the view all posts from the last 24 hours icon.
    "Nothing matters
    -Butowski

Quote Originally Posted by Baacktoberfest
    Because you can click on the view all posts from the last 24 hours icon.
    Where's that? The quicklinks "today's posts" thing?

The "today's posts" link is where the "new posts" link is when you're not logged in.
    On deck: a clone of Carolina Beer Co's Rye Stout, clone of Breckenridge's Vanilla Porter,
    Primary: Schwarzbier
    Secondary: Dortmunder, Hopweizen
    Keg Conditioning: Dunkelweizen, Roggenbier, Okto, Ord. Bitter
    On tap: Alt, Hefeweizen, Cigar City Maduro clone, Mild
    Bottled: Mead, Quad Rajet, Granola Bar Braggot

Too much of everything is just enough.
    - J. Garcia