Thread: Hopquila

Hopquila

New Holland Hatter Royale caught my eye in the Bourbon aisle at Famous Liquors in Lombard, IL. They say it's made from 100% barley wash distilled twice, and I think the word they used is "infused" with Cascade hops. The base flavor is definitely tequila-ish with the a sweetish grain flavor. the hops are more aroma than anything else, no bitterness to speak of. In the ever-sillier world of extreme beer, at least this one is honest and admits it's a distilled spirit. If you like tequila and hops, this might not be a bad choice.
    On deck: a clone of Carolina Beer Co's Rye Stout, clone of Breckenridge's Vanilla Porter,
    Primary: Schwarzbier
    Secondary: Dortmunder, Hopweizen
    Keg Conditioning: Dunkelweizen, Roggenbier, Okto, Ord. Bitter
    On tap: Alt, Hefeweizen, Cigar City Maduro clone, Mild
    Bottled: Mead, Quad Rajet, Granola Bar Braggot

Too much of everything is just enough.
    - J. Garcia

I like Tequila and hops. Not sure about at the same time, but do like them! I'll have to keep an eye out for that. Bottles go for around $30 according to the site I checked.

I haven't had any tequila since I woke up puking blood in the Cuidad Juarez jail back in 1976. Even the smell of it gives me the shakes, which is a real shame because when my wife was a bartender her margaritas were well loved in this area.
    It's always time for a beer

On tap:Oatmeal Stout, ESB
    Primary:Imperial HoppyRoggenbier
    Bottled:2006 crabapple cider,Cherry Brett,Black Braggot,2 Prickly Pear Meads(1996 and 2006),Sour Pumpkin
    Lagering: Pecan Rauchbock
    Secondary: apple cider vinegar
    Next: Sticke Alt

I can't stand the smell of tequila either since '95 when I also puked my guts out. Yuck!
    If I eat enough preservatives I will last forever.

I haven't had any tequila since I woke up puking blood in the Cuidad Juarez jail back in 1976. Even the smell of it gives me the shakes, which is a real shame because when my wife was a bartender her margaritas were well loved in this area.

Damn, that sounds like the story over which to sample some of Corky's taste beer? Mex-ee-co anyone?
    It's like a chorus of angels riding whales through space.

Sorry to hear about you guys not being able to handle the smell of tequila anymore. To me, there isn't much better than a vacation in the Caribbean sipping on margarita's all day. I like beer, don't get me wrong, but there's something about it...

I could sit and sip some sort of non-fruity rum drink on a Caribbean beach all day, but please no margaritas.
    It's always time for a beer

On tap:Oatmeal Stout, ESB
    Primary:Imperial HoppyRoggenbier
    Bottled:2006 crabapple cider,Cherry Brett,Black Braggot,2 Prickly Pear Meads(1996 and 2006),Sour Pumpkin
    Lagering: Pecan Rauchbock
    Secondary: apple cider vinegar
    Next: Sticke Alt

Mojitos for me
    If I eat enough preservatives I will last forever.