Thread: Keg and Carboy Washer

Keg and Carboy Washer

Anyone have one of these or use one? If it works, it would be well worth the money IMO. I don't have a utility tub, and bending over the tub really hurts my lower back (I have a condition).

http://morebeer.com/view_product/118..._Carboy_Washer

looks pretty cool!
    Two ciders please, I'm thirsty!

On deck: Soon Cider
    Fermenting: None
    bottled: Old and dusty something rathers
    Secondary: None
    Kegged: Carbonated Water (enjoying home made soda syrups)

If you have one the spray nozzle on your kitchen sink works great for carboys and kegs! All I have ever used. Just lay it down on the counter and go to town.

Quote Originally Posted by JAS
    If you have one the spray nozzle on your kitchen sink works great for carboys and kegs! All I have ever used. Just lay it down on the counter and go to town.
    Yes I do have that on the kitchen sink. Never thought of that. I use the sprayer in the shower for the tub but the bending over kills me. Does the black part on the keg leave marks on the counter? I get enough flack for the black marks in the bottom of the tub when I'm done. lol

Oh yeah it leaves marks but they wipe up. Usually have a old towel I use to toe mop as I go on the floor also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegobrew
    Yes I do have that on the kitchen sink. Never thought of that. I use the sprayer in the shower for the tub but the bending over kills me. Does the black part on the keg leave marks on the counter? I get enough flack for the black marks in the bottom of the tub when I'm done. lol
    I had the exact same problem, except the marks don't seem to want to go away. After that I started putting an old shop mat in the shower. Problem solved.
    Two ciders please, I'm thirsty!

On deck: Soon Cider
    Fermenting: None
    bottled: Old and dusty something rathers
    Secondary: None
    Kegged: Carbonated Water (enjoying home made soda syrups)

My 12 year old daughter told me just the other week when I cleaned a blown keg while she was home, "...so that's where those black marks come from!" (Cleaning the tub is one of her chores )