Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite beer?

Your favorite beer?

Hey guys i want you all to share your fav brands here,I personally love westvleteren brewery i really prefer having this rather than other.
    Share your fav brands so we can get a chance to know about more brands and choices of people.

I always tell people my favorite beer is the one in my hand.

That said, I have a lot of them and to pick only 1 is too limiting.
    It depends on the time of year, what I'm doing, etc. I wouldn't pick the same beer after doing yard work in the hot sun that I would pick if I was warming up after coming in from the cold, for example.
    -B'Dawg

Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour. Teach him to brew and he'll waste a lifetime. - Nuco Gordo

Hmm. Favorite beer. That's a tough one. I'm generally a stout person, but I'm also quite partial to cider. I'm with BD on this one.
    Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world. (I think I may have found her!)

On deck: Citra smash
    Fermenting: None
    bottled: Porter, lots of cider, IPA, honey ale, and esb.
    Secondary: Zip point squat
    Kegged: Amber Ale

I think that you will find that many of us feel as BrewDog. We might be more quick to name a favorite style instead of a single beer, but even that can be tough. Somewhat like BrewDog, I answer the one in front of me at the moment or the next one. Now for me, it is coming in to wheat beer time. These are some wheat beers that I make sure to get at this time of year. Oberon from Bell's, In Heat Wheat from Flying Dog, Smuttynose's Summerwiezen, and Middle Ages Swallow Wit.
    Olgethorpe is screening me!

Beer is too situational to have favorites-the stout I'm drinking for breakfast might not be as good when I'm mowing the lawn on a very hot day.
    Westy is good, but there are beers in that same style that are accessible, even here in beer hell I can get a bottle of Rochefort 10 for about $7 so for me the Rochefort is a better choice.
    It's always time for a beer

On tap:Crabapple Brett Blonde, Cherry Brett Blonde, Rye Stout,Sour Porter,Oatmeal Stout, Amarillo Wheat, Saison, ESB
    Primary:Pecan Smoked Roggenbier
    Bottled:2006 crabapple cider,Cherry Brett,Black Braggot,2 Prickly Pear Meads(1996 and 2006),Sour Pumpkin
    Lagering: Pecan Rauchbock
    Secondary: apple cider vinegar
    Next: Porter/Vanilla Bourbon Porter,

Ommegang from Cooperstown makes some very respectable Belgian styles as well.
    On deck: a clone of Carolina Beer Co's Rye Stout, clone of Breckenridge's Vanilla Porter,
    Primary: Schwarzbier
    Secondary: Dortmunder, Hopweizen
    Keg Conditioning: Dunkelweizen, Roggenbier, Okto, Ord. Bitter
    On tap: Alt, Hefeweizen, Cigar City Maduro clone, Mild
    Bottled: Mead, Quad Rajet, Granola Bar Braggot

Too much of everything is just enough.
    - J. Garcia

I have a favorite. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is the beer that turned me on to craft beer almost 20 years ago and I thank them for it every time my supply of it runs out by buying more. So for that reason, it is my favorite beer and it fits every occasion for me.
    On Tap: American Pale Ale
    Bottled:
    Kegged:
    Primary:
    Secondary:
    Next brew: Soon I hope

There are only 2 great beers in the world: the one you are drinking now and then one you will be drinking next.
    Somewhere on a park bench Godot is waiting on me.

Yes, I do simply walk into Mordor!

Drunken sailors: What do you do with them? Next on The View!

I am with the majority on this one; there are just too many to have any one, or for that matter, ten favorites.

That said, I am also, in an offhand way, in agreement with Mikegobrew. I always, and I do mean always, have some SNPA on hand. I feel downright naked if I don't.
    Scott

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by skahtboi View Post
    I feel downright naked if I don't.
    Now there is a mental picture none of us wanted. Only way to get rid of it is to go grab one of my favorite beers.

I'm always looking for my newest favorite beer. I have favorites of some styles: my favorite oatmeal stout is brewed by Marble, my current favorite IPA is Sculpin by Ballast Point. But these are favorites only until something I like better comes along.
    I also almost always have at least on Sierra Nevada style in my fridge, but I wouldn't say any of their beers are my favorites, they are just very comfortable companions that don't ask anything of me.
    It's always time for a beer

On tap:Crabapple Brett Blonde, Cherry Brett Blonde, Rye Stout,Sour Porter,Oatmeal Stout, Amarillo Wheat, Saison, ESB
    Primary:Pecan Smoked Roggenbier
    Bottled:2006 crabapple cider,Cherry Brett,Black Braggot,2 Prickly Pear Meads(1996 and 2006),Sour Pumpkin
    Lagering: Pecan Rauchbock
    Secondary: apple cider vinegar
    Next: Porter/Vanilla Bourbon Porter,

My favorite beer is the one I hadn't tried before and that is different (in a good way) from anything else I've had.
    On deck: a clone of Carolina Beer Co's Rye Stout, clone of Breckenridge's Vanilla Porter,
    Primary: Schwarzbier
    Secondary: Dortmunder, Hopweizen
    Keg Conditioning: Dunkelweizen, Roggenbier, Okto, Ord. Bitter
    On tap: Alt, Hefeweizen, Cigar City Maduro clone, Mild
    Bottled: Mead, Quad Rajet, Granola Bar Braggot

Too much of everything is just enough.
    - J. Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by wortchillergoal View Post
    Now there is a mental picture none of us wanted. Only way to get rid of it is to go grab one of my favorite beers.
    So....in a roundabout way I really did you a favor!
    Scott

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by skahtboi View Post
    So....in a roundabout way I really did you a favor!
    A favor yes, but I still feel scared.

I do like sierra nevada, but I tend to lean more towards their torpedo extra IPA. My go to brewery tends to be Founders (I'm really enjoying their double trouble). Not to mention Oatmeal breakfast stout, dirty bastard, all day IPA, porter, and imp stout.

Corky, I've never heard of Marble. What sets their oatmeal stout above the others you've tried?
    Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world. (I think I may have found her!)

On deck: Citra smash
    Fermenting: None
    bottled: Porter, lots of cider, IPA, honey ale, and esb.
    Secondary: Zip point squat
    Kegged: Amber Ale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast