Thread: Repairing a 15 year old Kegerator.

Repairing a 15 year old Kegerator.

Hey folks, just joined the forum and I'm looking for some advice.

My roommates and I just picked up an old kegerator, and needless to say, it needs some work. Overall the whole kegerator is in pretty good condition, plus it gives me something to tinker with on my down time. The door is bowed from the temperature changes and is beyond repair. I've outlined a new one to have my sheet metal guy build, but I was wondering if there was a place I could go to just buy a new one? Building my own is going to cost 50-60 bucks, which isn't bad, but I'm looking for the best option.

Also, the fan seems to work most of the time, but once in a while you have to tap it for it to engage. Is there an easy/cost effective way to fix this? Or just I just replace the unit?

Thanks in advance folks!

You can build your own door if you want, but I'd just go hit a junk yard. Take some measurements of your door, then get searching. You can probably get a fan the same way. Don't forget to replace all of the hoses and soak the faucet in cleaner. Have fun!
    Two ciders please, I'm thirsty!

On deck: Soon Cider
    Fermenting: None
    bottled: Old and dusty something rathers
    Secondary: None
    Kegged: Carbonated Water (enjoying home made soda syrups)

With all the work I've done on cars and bikes... I'm not sure why I didn't think of the junk yard idea myself. Thanks for that!

And yes, I've soaked and replaced the necessary pieces that will touch the liquid in which we all know and love. Wasn't a difficult decision when I looked at the hoses... I'm pretty sure something was living in them.