Denver - Falling Rock GABF Week Calendar
Here’s what you’ve been waiting for… at least some of it. Chris has been working hard since the beginning of the year (heck some of these were in place Saturday at GABF last year!) figuring out breweries and beers for the Week. He’s ready to start sharing some of that info.
Monday, October 7 – 5:30 pm Falling Rock Tap House Annual GABF Tapping Party
What better way to kick off GABF week than by enjoying the beers Chris pulls from his cellar and has been saving just for this little (ha!) party? He hasn’t even told his brothers what all he’s putting on tap for this one, so there aren’t many details yet.
Tuesday, October 8 – 2pm Spiegelau Beer Connoisseur Tasting Seminar. Learn how the glassware you use changes your enjoyment of our favorite beverage, Beer. Limited seating, held downstairs, tickets on sale starting September 14th 10am (Mountain) & includes Beer & a 4-piece Spiegelau Beer Connoisseur Glass Set (retail Value $50) including the new IPA glass (a joint project of Dogfish Head, Sierra Nevada & Spiegelau) released earlier this year.
– 5pm Trinity (CO) with Red Swingline
Wednesday, October 9 – 3pm St. Arnold (TX)
– 4pm Speakeasy (CA)
– 9pm Sun King (IN)
– 10pm Cigar City (FL) with Jai Alai 4 ways
– 11pm Schmaltz (NY) with Death of a Contract Brewer
Thursday, October 10 – 1pm Rogue (OR)
– 2pm Boulder (CO)
– 3pm Lagunitas (CA)
– 4pm Books & Beer: Meet and Drink with the Authors of 4 Great New Books About Beer:
The Pocket Beer Guide by Stephen Beaumont, with Tim Webb (Sterling Epicure)
The Complete Beer Course by Joshua M. Bernstein (Sterling Epicure)
California Breweries North by Jay R. Brooks (Stackpole Books)
The American Craft Beer Cookbook by John Holl (Storey Publishing)
– 10 pm Oskar Blues (CO) with 1Nut Brown, Double Impact Belgian Strong Ale and A Fresh Hop
– 11pm Alaskan (AK) with a Vertical of Smoked Porter on Tap
Friday, October 11 – Noon Sierra Nevada (CA) Annual Kill A Keg (Harvest Ale). This event started when we noticed that we were pouring the season’s first keg of Harvest Ale really quickly. It started us thinking, just how fast could we pour a keg of beer? The rules are pretty simple: a 15.5gal keg, 1 person filling glasses out of one faucet. Last year’s time? 9 Minutes 36
– 1pm Boulevard (MO)
– 2pm Anderson Valley (CA)
– 3pm NoLi (WA)
– 4pm Odell (CO)
– 10pm Stone (CA)
– 10:30 (outside) Dogfish Head (DE) SoupKitchen Smokebreak. World Wide Stout poured thru a Randall containing Locally Roasted Coffee Beans & Cigar Tobacco. Also on Tap will be 61 & Palo Santo Marron as well as one other (both the brewery & Chris are digging through their cellars to see what’s available). We’ll also have samples of Dogfish Head’s Beer Infused Chowder & Pickles.
– 11pm Left Hand (CO) with Fade To Black #’s 1-4
Saturday, October 12 – 4pm Avery (CO)
– 9pm Ommegang (NY) with both Game of Thrones beers
– 10pm Firestone Walker (CA) with PNC on tap plus Parabola & Agrestic (Double DBA inoculated with Brettanomyces)
– 11pm New Belgium (CO) Always the Finale of Falling Rock’s GABF Week. Breaking out some Barrel Program beers & raiding my Cellar for some vintage Treats!
This is all the ‘Definite’ list so far, More information on specific beers as I get confirmations in the next 2 weeks. Keep up with us on our website, Twitter (@FallingRockTap ), Facebook or on our new App (for both Apple & Android, Note: Accepting Push notifications gets you info on special tappings as we tap them, we promise not to send you useless info like “hey it’s sunny out, you should come here.” We figure you already know that kind of stuff)
Tags for this Thread