Thread: Let St. Patrick Be St. Patrick

Let St. Patrick Be St. Patrick

We all have heard the news a few days ago about Samuel Adams and two other brewers boycotting the St. Patrick Day parade. What you might not of heard through the news media is the other side of the story. Agree or disagree at least you will hear the other side in this issue.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/getreli...lus-mz-zinger/
    Last edited by Jake; 03-19-2014 at 03:50 PM.

I posted the same thread at Beer Advocate under their News and Events forum and they deleted my thread and sent me an email informing me I had posted inappropriate content thread.

it reminds me of the silliness about trying to keep gays out of the boy scouts or keep Augusta men only. they need to let it go. if their excuse is that it doesnt reflect "Roman Catholic heritage" then they better start speaking out about how we celebrate St. Patricks day in america where the holiday is about drinking excessively and doing immoral things while drunk. and we are going to draw the line at being gay in a parade? that day is passed. They used to ban blacks and women too as I recall. Now, they should be able to dictate proper decorum rules and whats ok to wear in the parade since its their parade but they shouldnt be able to ban people based on their sexual orientation as far as Im concerned and thats why weve seen this beer boycott. no way they can survive the pressure on them for much longer. i see this opening up in the next few years at the most.
    On the chest of a barmaid in Sale
    Were tattooed the prices of ale
    And on her behind
    For the sake of the blind
    Was the same information in Braille

The Blaze says this: “No gay person has ever been barred from marching in any St. Patrick’s Day parade, anymore than the parade bans pro-life Catholics or vegetarian Catholics,” Donohue said in a press release. “They simply cannot march under their own banner. The parade has one cause: honoring St. Patrick. Those who disagree do not have to march — that’s what diversity is all about.”

Noting that St. Patrick’s Day parades are Catholic in nature, he charged activists with engaging “in a bullying campaign” against the events, claiming that these individuals and forces have “contempt for the constitutional rights of Irish Catholics.”