Beer Battered Cauliflower Tacos | Milking Almonds
http://milkingalmonds.com/2014/03/20...iflower-tacos/

{ enough for 4 tacos }
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_2156double.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	1530
This is the most exciting food I have eaten in a while. And with that Iím not saying that the food I eat is usually boring, no, Iím saying that this is fucking awesome. Pardon my Ö not French.

Cauliflower may not be the most exciting thing you can think of, but what if itís deep fried in a batter full of beer? I meanÖ Come on. And thrown in a soft shell corn taco with avocado creme, pickled red onion, pineapple pico de gallo and then excitedly squirted with fresh lime juice? What if it looked like this?

It doesnít get much better than that!

Name:	img_2183.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	1531

The Beer Battered Cauliflower

1/2 of a cauliflower
100 g flour / spelt or other
25 g cornstarch
125 ml beer
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 chili powder
1/4 black pepper
2 tablespoons of chia gel*
Enough oil for deep frying
*whisk 1 tablespoon ground chia with 3 tablespoons of water; leave for 15 minutes to thicken.

Cut the cauliflower into little nugget sized chunks and set aside. Heat up the oil in a pot over a medium to high heat. Mix all the batter ingredients and dunk a little pea sized amount of the batter into the oil to test if itís ready; if it is ready, it will bubble happily. Place a few cauliflower chunks at a time in the batter, let them drip off and then place them in the oil; flip a few times and cook until golden brown. Place on paper towel.

The Pineapple Pico De Gallo

1/4 of a pineapple
1 small red onion
10 San Marzano tomatoes
1 handful of cilantro
1 clove of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Finely dice the pineapple, the red onion and the tomatoes. Try to leave out the watery and seedy part of the tomatoes. Chop the cilantro and garlic. Toss in a bowl with salt and pepper to taste.

The Avocado Creme

1 avocado
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cane or coconut palm sugar
1/2 of a lime / just the juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Scoop out the avocado and place in a little blender, mini chopper or food processor. Blend until completely smooth. Add the remaining ingredients to taste and blend again. Pour into a bowl and place in the fridge until ready to use.

Other great garnishes:
Shredded red cabbage
Pickled red onion
Fresh corn
Chili mayo
Fresh lime

Name:	img_2217.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	1532