Thread: 1.1m euro bottle of vodka stolen!

1.1m euro bottle of vodka stolen!

BOTTLE OF VODKA WORTH €1.1M STOLEN FROM COPENHAGEN BAR
    by Phoebe French
    A bottle of vodka believed to be one of the most expensive in the world that was on loan to a bar and museum in Copenhagen has been stolen following a break-in this week.
    Name:  russo-baltique-vodka.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  71.2 KB
    As reported by Danish news site TV2 Lorry, a bottle of Russo-Baltique vodka was taken from Café 33’s Vodka Collection, situated in the Vesterbro district of Copenhagen, in the early hours of Tuesday (2 January) morning.

Thieves were reportedly in possession of either a real or copied key to the bar and then proceeded to unlock the door, roll up the shutter and break down the door to the museum in the basement.

The bottle of vodka contains three kilograms of gold and the same quantity of silver and is adorned with a circular patch of leather from a 1912 Monte Carlo rally car.

According to the owner of Café 33 Bar, Brian Ingberg, it is worth 8 million kroner equating to €1.1m or £960,000.

Speaking to TV2 Lorry, Ingberg said: “I have loaned [the vodka] from Russia from something called the Dartz Factory, which makes the world’s most expensive cars and vodka. It has been in my collection for half a year, but not anymore.”

“Of course I’m terribly upset. It was the cherry on the cake in my collection. Out of the 1,200 bottles in my collection, it was a very special bottle to have.”

Musing on how the robbers gained access to the property, Ingberg said: “They obviously had a key or copied a key, and so they rolled up the shutter and unlocked the door, and then they simply entered the bar and broke the door to the vodka museum in the basement.”

“They then took just one bottle, even though there are 1,200 bottles in the collection,” he added, inferring that the thieves had entered the bar with the sole purpose of stealing the bottle of Russo-Baltique.

Read More Here

Update!!!
    DIM-WITTED THIEVES DUMP €1.1M EMPTY VODKA BOTTLE
    by Lauren Eads
    A €1.1 million diamond-encrusted bottle of vodka stolen from a bar in Copenhagen has been found dumped on a building site after thieves drained its contents and left behind the bottle, perhaps not realising its value.
    The bottle of Russo-Baltique vodka, believed to be one of the most expensive in the world, was on loan to Café 33, situated in the Vesterbro district of Copenhagen, when it was stolen in the early hours of Tuesday (2 January).

It was one of 1,200 different vodka bottles on display at the bar, owned by Brian Ingberg, as reported by The Daily Mail.

The bottle of vodka contains three kilograms of gold and the same quantity of silver and is adorned with a circular patch of leather from a 1912 Monte Carlo rally car.

Its cap is shaped like a a Russian imperial eagle and is encrusted with diamonds, with its owner placing its value at 8 million kroner (£960,000).

The bottle, made by the Dartz Factory in Latvia, is thought to have garnered interest after its appearance in the Netflix series House of Cards, when it was presented to the US president, played by Kevin Spacey, by the Russian president, played by Danish actor Lars Mikkelsen.

This week, the bottle was found empty on a construction site, with the thieves seemingly unaware that the true value of their theft was the bottle itself, not its contents.

“Unfortunately, it is empty. Somebody who works at the construction site found it,” Ingberg told Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet.

“It is the bottle that was valuable. We can refill it with vodka in Russia.”

Read More Here