Good Beer Today, Pliny the Younger Next Week.

Yes, we know that you're anxious. We are too... But it doesn't get to San Diego until the middle of next week. We will keep you posted exclusively via these emails. In the meantime, we'd like to invite you to come by and enjoy a great beer. It is that "triple IPA" time of year and we have a couple on tap as we speak: The Lambda Lambda Lambda IPA from Kirk McHale at Melvin Brewing and Julian Shrago's (Beachwood) Hops of Fury and next Tuesday night we'll tap a keg of Societe's Roustabout IPA so you can start your training now. Also on tap now, a quartet of kegs from our friend Eric Rose at Hollister Brewing up in sunny Goleta. We like drinking his beers almost as much as we like talking to him! Lifted directly from the best brew log in the business:

GLEN ANNIE GOLDEN - 7.6% ABV
This Belgian style Golden Ale features bright flavors of ripe fruit that are balanced by a dry spicy bite
RYLAND - 7.5% ABV
A West Coast I.P.A. with rye malt boasts fruity and resinous hop aromatics and a balanced malt body with peppery rye spice.
THE POPE I.P.A. - 6.8% ABV
Full bodied yet dry, this West Coast I.P.A. is packed with flavors reminiscent of fresh fruit and pine forests
HIPPIE KICKER I.P.A. - 7.2% ABV
Bold and brash American style I.P.A. This beer has a bracing hop bitterness and aggressive in your face aroma. Expect a dry and sharp lingering aftertaste from this golden yellow meanie.

Don't miss out on the killer Sierra Nevada beers we have on tap. The new Hazy Little Thing unfiltered IPA is delicious, and we've got kegs of uber-rare Jack & Ken's Ale (2010) and Life & Limb (2011 Collab w/ Dogfish Head) flowing too, as well as the best $4 Draft Pale Ale in San Diego. Try it if you don't believe us...

Also going on today are an odd couple of barrel-aged sour beers from New Belgium: Felix (A single-fodder golden sour ale aged in apple-flavored whiskey barrels from Leopold Bros.) and Oscar (A dark sour ale aged in blackberry-flavored whiskey barrels). These don't come our way very often; you should check 'em out. The rest of the list is as follows:

RUSSIAN RIVER- Pliny the Elder, Supplication
ARTIFEX- Chocolate City nitro Porter, Cone Slap IPA
TOOLBOX- Rustique Framboise
BURGEON- Noble Miner Grisette
ALMANAC- Hibiscus/ Ginger/ Lime Sour
BEACHWOOD- Hops of Fury 3x IPA
BR. KERKOM- Winterkoninkske
ROLEUR- Cancer Fighter Hoppy Golden Ale
HOLLISTER- The Pope IPA, Hippie Kicker IPA, Glen Annie Golden Ale, Ryland IPA
HOME BREWING- Tarty Boys, Smash-Boom-Simcoe! (More Simcoe!)
ALASKAN BREWING- 2010 Barleywine
CRAFTSMAN- Angelino Weisse
MELVIN BREWING- Lambda Lambda Lambda 3x IPA
SIERRA NEVADA- Hop Bullitt IPA, Draft Pale Ale, Hazy little Thing IPA, Jack & Ken's Ale, Life & Limb
EL SEGUNDO- Mayberry IPA
NEW BELGIUM- Felix, Oscar
STONE- 2012 Imperial Russian Stout
KARL STRAUSS- Mosaic Session Ale
ALESMITH- Speedway Stout
BR. BOCKOR- Cuvee de Jacobins Prestige
PORT/ LOST ABBEY- Surf Report Red
FIRESTONE WALKER- Pivo Pils, Easy Jack IPA
RODENBACH- Alexander, Grand Cru
BURGEON- Can't Stop Juicin', Noble Miner Grisette
SOCIETE- The Pugilist, The Mentor
2 TOWNS CIDERHOUSE- Made Marion Cider, Ginja ninja