Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Future tastings calendar

Future tastings calender

Maybe we should come up with a 120 calender for this and as each 30 days ticks off we figure out the next beer to add on to the end.

ie- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr

When January is conducted we pick the May beer. This would give everyone enough time to swap or hunt down the beer for that session and we could do some more hard to find beers. Maybe tying the beer in to the seasons/months?

Make it a sticky thread at the top and lock it to avoid it growing in to an unreadable thread and just have the moderator make the adjustments to it as needed.

We could do it maybe by picking the style of beer the first week and then spend the next few days figuring out the brand. Rather then just throwing a beer out there and seeing what happens. Or we could have Fret decide a style and we figure out the brand.

Just some thoughts...
    An army of sheep lead by a lion can easily defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.

To take it a step further, perhaps we could use a predetermined pattern to picking the beers. Like -- Ale, Lager, Seasonal/Special. It might keep things more balanced in choices.
    "Martinis are for squares, man."

I also own several domain names as well as the space with 25GB bandwidth per month that I can host the results on. I would be willing to host them if someone is designated to capture the transcripts. I am also upgrading this week to 50GB bandwidth and MySql so I can get my DB online again. I also have several hundred email aliases that I might make available for Realbeer members but I have not figured out how to allow them to register and assign a password to the account without going through myself.

I own http://home-brewing.info http://making-beer.info and a few other beer related ones but I would be willing to "donate" the above for use in realbeer.com related tastings and projects that might be to large to fit on this space or where we would like to have some form of order to it.
    Last edited by brewmonkey; 12-27-2004 at 12:01 PM.
    An army of sheep lead by a lion can easily defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.

I went ahead and made this thread a sticky just to see if I could do it (I could!), so when we designate a new one, I can do the same... and I like the idea of a thread that only I can access so that people can get information without having to wade through 35 posts about Monty Python's Holy (Gr)Ail.

I also like the idea of picking an appropriate brew for the month we're doing the tasting. January would be a good month to try SN Bigfoot 2004 or 2005, or maybe the recent Celebration Ale. What say ye?
    So many beers, so little time off...

www.michaelolsononline.com - Drop in and say hi! WAY better than the old one.

I like the ideas above. a relevant beer to the seasonals available at that point would be great. Then hopefully we could get new or fresh samples.

One other suggestion that I am not certain I think is a good idea but I guess I'll post it.

Maybe we should designate a certain day each month, say the 3rd Saturday, so that everyone can plan on it.

I'm just throwing this out as I'm not certain that it is always good to be locked in especially if not everyone can join each time.

Just wondering how organized we need to be to make the monthly or bi-monthly. I like the flexibility of choosing a few weeks in advance but on the other hand it might be better if we had them scheduled at regular times and everyone could plan ahead.

I like the designated time idea. That way I just know when it is, and can plan around it if need be. Again, not everyone is going to be able to make it every time, So unless there's a really bad week for everyone, (upon which we could reschedule) I think it could work.
    Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.

I like the designated week idea, too.
    "Martinis are for squares, man."

Okay, it's time to revive this thread. When do we want to do this?

I think it's only fair that since Fullers 1845 was a close second in the last poll that we choose it for the next tasting. Is this something that everyone can get their hands on? And does either the 22nd or 29th seem like a good day to do it (no football games to interfere)? Or maybe we'd like to do it at the same time as a game - THAT ought to be interesting! (Just a thought... )

22nd will work best for me. Chaz and I will be at a beer fest on the 29th in Boston.

Oops, wait, I think I have a wedding to go to on the 22nd (not mine), so better not plan on me being there.
    Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.

So maybe we want to start this in May, so everyone can plan on it... seems like trying to do a mass tasting with less than a month to go is futile. I say we do the 1st Saturday of each month @ 4:30 eastern. Whaddya say?

I'm in.

that works for me too. We could start in February though. That's a month away.

I kinda like the idea of doing it on, like Fret said, the first, second, etc. saturday of the month. That way we can all plan around it.
    "Bring a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. After that, bring one every ten minutes." Thornton Mellon

has anyone made an executive decision yet? im kinda jonesin for a tasting.
    -eric

you guys still doing this on aol?
    The more you disapprove the more fun it is for me.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast