Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Dead Guy Tasting. 3/5

Ya got 1/2 hour, dude... rest up!
    So many beers, so little time off...

www.michaelolsononline.com - Drop in and say hi! WAY better than the old one.

The stars must be aligned just right today. Everyone I've come in contact with (including myself) has been exhausted.
    Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.

Hmmm... I actually have energy for the first time in a while!

Mine is a direct result of playing poker until 2 in the morning. and then trying to get to sleep. which was about 3. too late for this old geezer.

Going to get my beer. Be there in a minute.

Yet another good time was had by the Parallel Tasting Club! Dead Guy Ale proved to be a worthy beer by all who were there. Sort of a Maibock/Okto brewed with ale yeast. Allow me to speak for all of us when I say that we HEARTILY recommend this brew (although some were of the opinion that 1845 was a better brew). Thanks again to all who were there!

Yep! Especially all the new folks. A nice group this time.

Nice to see some new people. Do come again. Boy, it could be a large crowd if all the newbies and the regulars show up!
    Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.

For my first tasting I really enjoyed it and can not wait for the Big Foot tasting. The regulars were very excepting of the newbies and everyone thats post should try to make a tasting, I liked the immediate interaction with the chat forum, thanks again. Oh yeah and the Dead Guy ale was awesome- nice head, little to no lacing for most, a bit of spiceness(pepper) with a nice malty overtones, a very smooth and tasty ale. (see what I learned)
    too much of everything is just enough

I need to get in on this thing...This tasting I was out of town at a funeral, but strangely enough I had a few Dead Guys with me (the morbid jokes here are just toooo easy, so save your breath ). I actually drink it quite frequently, and am brewing a clone next weekend.
    Last edited by BluesHarp; 03-06-2005 at 10:41 PM.
    If you can remain calm, you don't have all the facts...

Sorry I couldn't make it this time, everyone. I had to go and visit the in laws, no chance in getting out of that one. I guess I'll just drink my Dead Guy tonight.
    "Bring a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. After that, bring one every ten minutes." Thornton Mellon

i finally got high speed internet at home.. i'll have to get in on this soon!!

Originally posted by Bruno_78
    The stars must be aligned just right today. Everyone I've come in contact with (including myself) has been exhausted.
    Not me -- I was in bed early on Friday night and off and running when you folks were tasting!

How'd it go? Did Chaz oversleep? Anyone at all see any Maibock characteristics in this beer? I never have - not that I found it a bad beer.

S.
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

I think we found more Oktoberfest characteristics than Maibock. And No I never got to the nap before the session. It was a fun tasting with lots of new tasters. Next time if we get all of us there it will be crowded!

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm.... melanoidin....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast