Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bischoff Beer

Post Bischoff Beer

Hello! My name is Rick, and I am trying to find a way to purchase a brand of German Beer called Bischoff Pils. I live in the U.S., and my search has not been real successful up to this point. Can anyone help?
    Rick Bischoff

I don't think I can help, but let me be first to welcome you to the boards. I'm sure you will enjoy any time spent here.

I'll write that down and check the paint store this afternoon and let you know.
    My posts are definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Welcome, Rick! Here's another discussion about Bischoff from a few weeks back. Might have some links to finding Bischoff in your area. Worst case scenario - I think we determined the importer in in Florida - worth a call to see if they distribute to the St. Louis area.

http://www.realbeer.com/discussions/...light=bischoff

Cheers!

Thumbs up

Thank You! I appreciate your help.
    I have contacted Import A-N-T Wines, located in Venice FL. I spoke to a guy named George,(who runs the business, I think) and he told me that they DO distripute Bischoff Pils beer. However, he couldn't sell any to me personally. I think he only distrubutes to local business.

Welcome. Possibly a board member here can find it and send it to you.

Are you related to the brewery in any way?

Talking

That would be nice.
    I don't think I'm related to the Brewery in any way, but you never know.
    Thank you for you help.

Most importers/distributers can't sell directly to consumers. The three-tier system in the US makes retail stores the consumer outlet. Ask the importer if they have any retail accounts in your area or if they are looking for any - best to provide a few stores' names where Bischoff might sell well. Can't hurt. Worked for me - I put a Belgian importer in touch with a local distributer - now we get beers like Boon, Petrus, Piraat, etc. Working on Poperings Hommel Bier.

As Chaz mentioned, trades are always an option in the meantime.

Cheers!

Rick,
    I finally found Bischoff Pils in the US!! But its only in florida and they can't ship outside of Florida. Go to ABC Liquors. They carry it year round.
    Stephanie

Thanks for the info. There are several German restaraunts, and liquor stores in this area that carry inmported beer.
    I'll give it a shot, and let you know how it goes.
    Thanks agian.
    Rick Bischoff

Originally posted by Jars82
    Rick,
    I finally found Bischoff Pils in the US!! But its only in florida and they can't ship outside of Florida. Go to ABC Liquors. They carry it year round.
    Stephanie
    Would you be willing to buy some and trade Rick or ship it to Rick?

Welcome to the board too. Lots of us swap beer.

I have bad news to report... ABC is having a close out of Bischoff.. I have been able to buy it at $3.99 a 6 pack, but they are all cold.. they did not sell enough to keep it on stock.. IF I can find a warm 6 pack, I can send some to you..

Originally posted by Chaz
    I have bad news to report... ABC is having a close out of Bischoff.. I have been able to buy it at $3.99 a 6 pack, but they are all cold.. they did not sell enough to keep it on stock.. IF I can find a warm 6 pack, I can send some to you..
    That's too bad, but what does it matter whether you buy a warm sixer or not. The beer has undoubtedly gone through some temperature changes on its way from the brewery to the retailer's shelf/cooler. Unless it was exposed to extreme temps or lots of light, it should be OK if it's relatively fresh. Hell, for $4/sixer, snap it up!

Cheers!

I am buying every 6 pack they have every Friday.. got 3 today!!! I just don't want to send a warm/cold/warm 6 pack out of state.. eeeeeccccckkkkk..

I will cry when they tell me they have no more in stock...

Originally posted by Chaz
    I am buying every 6 pack they have every Friday.. got 3 today!!! I just don't want to send a warm/cold/warm 6 pack out of state.. eeeeeccccckkkkk..
    Um...OK. Lots of breweries (esp. imports) might store their beer cold, have it warm up in transit to the states, only to have it delivered to a retailer who then puts it in their cooler. Temperature changes, unless extreme, won't harm beer. Extreme heat, time and light are beer's enemies. Few breweries have the resources to keep all their beer cold at all times. A few craft brewers like Anchor insist on it, but I'd say they are the exception.

Cheers!

That is some very bad news. George (@ ABC) is a really nice guy, and I wish I could do business with him from here in the midwest. With the risk of sounding desperate...I would appreciate it if you (Chaz) could send me a cold "sixer" or two. I understand your logic regarding the cold/warm/cold issue, but it would be my only chance at getting a taste of the fine Bischoff brew.
    Hell... if it taste that bad, I'll poor it out and display the empty bottle in my wife china cabinet:D

Cheers!!
    Rick Bischoff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast