Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June 4-- Ommegang Hennepin

June 4-- Ommegang Hennepin

sorry for being late about this... first it was finals, then the post-finals doldrums...

in any event the poll suggested hennepin, so we'll do that in june. grab a 750ml, or bottles if you feel like it, and head on out for a chat.

Info: June 4, 4:30 eastern, 1:30 pacific. we'll be using BrewMonkey's chat program again (http://opforsoldier.com/Chat.html).

hope to see everyone there! We'll definitely do a hefeweizen for July.
    -eric

i have a bottle of this somewhere in the DBF. good stuff. count me in.

Who can get me a bottle before June 4? Sure would apperciate it.
    My posts are definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

I've got a bottle of their Abbey Ale but not the Hennepin... here we go searching!

From their website...they'll point you to a retailer in your area. "please call us at 800-544-1809, or write to us at info@ommegang.com" If you live in CT, IN, or GA, they have a finder on the page, plug in your zip and it will give you results.

If you're in NY state, you can purchase direct and they'll ship to you.
    Last edited by zoom6zoom; 05-27-2005 at 04:59 PM.
    They say you must take the bitter with the sweet - I say I'll take my bitter by the pint!

On tap: Blue & Gray Classic Lager
    On tap: Sweet Cherry Stout
    On tap: Hard Cider
    In Secondary: More Cider!
    In Primary: Mead (Raspberry)

Won't be able to make it this time. Gonna be camping this weekend.
    "Bring a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. After that, bring one every ten minutes." Thornton Mellon

BTW student... the link you're showing for the chat is 404. then again maybe that's because it's only up and running for these tastings?

p.s. found out that we're supposed to be going to some kind of going away party that day... don't know what time but I'll try to make it still.

Originally posted by HogieWan
    Who can get me a bottle before June 4? Sure would apperciate it.
    Can't find this one - I'm sitting out again. Can I request doing something imported next time. I can't find any domestics here, but I've got tons of imports around.

I might get to join in too, if it's something sold on this side of the Atlantic.

Séan
    Beer is my friend. I know where I stand with beer.

http://www.irishcraftbrewer.com

“There was never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    It's a stupid thing we say
    Cursing tomorrow with sorrow”

--Ultimate-Gogol Bordello
    http://www.gogolbordello.com/

Originally posted by HarkJohnny
    BTW student... the link you're showing for the chat is 404. then again maybe that's because it's only up and running for these tastings?

p.s. found out that we're supposed to be going to some kind of going away party that day... don't know what time but I'll try to make it still.
    hrmmm, not sure what happened with BM's page. I'll pm him, but if it doesnt work we may have to postpone until we come up with another way to chat.
    -eric

Back to the ole AIM chat room session.

ok, BM is taking a look but it's still down. i dont think everyone has AIM so we are going to postpone ... i can't do it on the 18th, and will also be absent the July 4th weekend (1st sat. in July). So i propose we either wait 1 week and do it on the 10th and try to figure out who has AIM or if BM gets it back up, or wait 3 weeks and do it the 25th.

sorry for the trouble. let me know what you all would prefer.
    -eric

AIM isn't that hard to get, and it's free, and it doesn't dump a bunch of extra stuff on your computer - it's not a bad option, really. I'd still do it if I were you. Wish I could be there, but I'm going to be in C Springs doing a show... man... so much for my life! Too busy even to drink beer sometimes!
    So many beers, so little time off...

www.michaelolsononline.com - Drop in and say hi! WAY better than the old one.

I have a linux box at my fiancee's house on a cable connection. I can probably start up a chat server tonight that everyone can use. I'll let you know.

I'd still go with AIM if this don't work.

Didn't have a chance to touch the computer last night - sorry

so did you guys do this tasting? I was busy and actually didn't think I'd be able to get my hands on one of these without driving to san francisco, but I went to whole foods yesterday for the first time and there it was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast