Thread: Russian River Pliny the Elder

Russian River Pliny the Elder

WOW!

I'm not even a hop head and this is just a MONSTER...

I was chewing some hops at the Sierra Nevada booth at the beeradvocate American Fest and they hardly had anything on this beer...

How was the rest of the fest? meet any other Realbeer folks?

I didn't get to sample as much as I wanted, pouring for Avery both sessions...but that's OK, because ultimately its about the craft brew community...and you get that sense doing everyting from set up to pouring to clean up...

I keep looking for newportstorm (michiganmiked at BA) but I have yet to meet him...

Bruno and I met up with him at Extreme Beer Fest. His picture is on this thread:

http://www.realbeer.com/discussions/...=realbeer+guys

I always enjoy meeting other folks from this board.

Originally posted by ADR

I keep looking for newportstorm (michiganmiked at BA) but I have yet to meet him...
    Sorry I missed ya! I was at the early Sat. session. Had my 'Big House Football' t-shirt and a bright yellow Michigan visor on - tried to stand out. Never made it over to the Avery booth - too many beers to choose from!

Many of my tickets were spent at the CASC booth and Sixpoint Brewing (mmm...Smoked Baltic Porter). Saved Pliny 'til near the end. Woo-ha! Should have stopped there, but I followed up with a Great Divide Hercules - good beer but Herc couldn't handle Pliny's hoppiness.

Cheers!

Pliny rules. The Younger is insane.