Thread: American Beer Month '05

American Beer Month '05

Hey now, this is my first post to the forum. Just wanted to say how I will celebrate American Beer Month '05. I just brewed my first batch last week, a west coast style pale, and will be bottling probably this weekend. So my girl and I will be enjoying (hopefully!) our first homebrew while we brew up a couple more batches. So I guess I'll celebrate American Beer Month by making the transition from drinking commercial brews to drinking homebrews. Woo Hoo!

Of course I'll also have to pick up some of my favorite Rogues to celebrate this month. And I'll be making my smoked ribs with Rogue American Amber for my July 4th celebration. Mmmm......Bones n' Brew, can't wait.

Have a great American Beer Month everybody!
    Last edited by Ill hophead; 06-27-2005 at 12:17 PM.
    "When in doubt, add more hops." - John Maier

Every month is American Beer Month in my house. Yes, I love bottle conditioned ales from England. Enjoy the big, juicy Belgian dubbels. And love a solid German lager. But for freshness, availability and creativity, I tip my hat to the new generation of American brewers.

I "rediscovered" Anderson Valley Hop Ottin' this past weekend. Maybe AVBC will be my honorary American Brewery this month. Whatever you choose to drink and wherever you drink it...drink well.

Cheers!

I agree, every month is American Beer Month, just with different styles highlighted each month to fit the season.

And yeah, that Hop Ottin IPA is a good one. "Hop Ottin' bites like a can-kicky bluetail."
    "When in doubt, add more hops." - John Maier

Originally posted by newportstorm
    Every month is American Beer Month in my house. Yes, I love bottle conditioned ales from England. Enjoy the big, juicy Belgian dubbels. And love a solid German lager. But for freshness, availability and creativity, I tip my hat to the new generation of American brewers.

I "rediscovered" Anderson Valley Hop Ottin' this past weekend. Maybe AVBC will be my honorary American Brewery this month. Whatever you choose to drink and wherever you drink it...drink well.

Cheers!
    Yeah I have not had any Anderson Valley beers in a long while. I should re-discover a few myself. I visited the brew pub once and they came to the Brickskeller once and hosted a tasting that I attended. And we do get most of their beers here, even some on tap.
    Last edited by chazwicke; 06-27-2005 at 03:28 PM.