Thread: July?

July?

Anything planned for an American Beer Month tasting?

S.
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

I would think it should be an American Beer!

And for once, I'll most likely be around...
    "Martinis are for squares, man."

Originally posted by threecb
    I would think it should be an American Beer!

And for once, I'll most likely be around...
    I understand wanting an american beer for this month, but I have trouble getting american craft brew, but have access to tons of imports. Our friend guild also, by his geographic location, also can't get american brew. Please keep this in mind, so that at least beer can be chosen a few weeks ahead of time to allow people to aquire trades and whatnot.
    My posts are definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Anyone seen Student?

S.
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

hey folks, sorry for the long absense here... call it a post first-year-of-law-school hangover...

in any event, i figure it's too late to do something for this weekend, although if someone else wants to organize it that would be cool. unfortunately i won't be around. I propose we push things back to the 16th and do hennepin then? It is harry potter weekend, but i think i can take a break from reading for some good beer. Also, if people have problems with getting hennepin, my other suggestion would be schneider weisse.

we can then try to resume our regular first-of-the-month schedule.

I also think we should go back to using AOL instant messager for the chats. so i would recommend everyone download a copy. i would like to use the IRC chat Tweek has set up, but people seem to have had problems installing and navigating with IRC, so I think AIM is a safer bet.

Please let me know what you think.
    -eric

And I wish to reiterate that AIM is not the evil conglomerate spy-laden website that some think it is.

(Hey, who's that in the window?)
    So many beers, so little time off...

www.michaelolsononline.com - Drop in and say hi! WAY better than the old one.

Well, that's the one weekend of July not good for me, so I can't make it. Vermont Brewer's Fest though, so don't feel bad.

(and I have a bottle of Hennipen in the fridge right now...)
    "Martinis are for squares, man."

Hey - just had a thought... there's a program out there called Skype ( www.skype.com ) that is very similar to AIM, but I think a lot of people like it much better... not sure why. Just something else to kick around.

skype is for voice chat - I'm not sure if you can have that many people at once - or want that many for that matter.

MSN chat (Microsoft Messenger) allows voice and video chat. If anyone has it, we could have virtual RealBeer meetings.
    Last edited by HogieWan; 07-02-2005 at 11:03 AM.
    My posts are definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Skype will let you do text, voice, and video if you want. I had a coast-to-coast rehearsal like that once!

AIM would be simplest.