Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July 23--Ommegang Hennepin

Wasn't able to pick any up, then work got in the way... next time, I hope!
    They say you must take the bitter with the sweet - I say I'll take my bitter by the pint!

On tap: Blue & Gray Classic Lager
    On tap: Sweet Cherry Stout
    On tap: Hard Cider
    In Secondary: More Cider!
    In Primary: Mead (Raspberry)

The 1 pm start here out west is just a bit to early for me, but I did enjoy a bottle later in the day.

Picked some up at Norm's this week... too late for the tasting, but will be enjoyed none the less! Couldn't find the Schneider tho.
    They say you must take the bitter with the sweet - I say I'll take my bitter by the pint!

I had called Norms the Friday before the tasting abd was told they had 9 bottles of the Hennepin. But that was move day for my office and I never got out to Vienna. Let me know if you see the Schneider. Total usually has a good supply of those beers.

I'll be in Manassas Monday and Tuesday, so I can check the Total there for the Schneider (they didn't have ANY Ommegang last time I was there). I'll be in Roanoke Thursday and Lynchburg on Friday, so will have to check if there's anyplace worth stopping. Next week I go to Minneapolis for two days, but don't have any free time on the schedule

I guess the tasting is this comming weekend. I've got to find a source down here at the beach. Better start now! I'm here all week.

I picked up some Rare Vos this weekend (along with some Pride and Joy, if you're reading Grog!), I want to check out all of the Ommegangs after the Hennepin.

S.
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

You wont be disappointed with Ommegang, steve. I had some Hennipen this weekend (the one I had for the tasting I missed) and we compared it to a 750 of Victory Saison. The Victory was very good, but the Hennipen character was much more interesting.
    "Martinis are for squares, man."

I've got a few Three Philosphers in the ol beer fridge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12