Thread: Schneider Weisse--sometime in the near future

Schneider Weisse

just wanted to get this up there and alert people, that for August we will be tasting Schneider Weisse's hefeweizen. I'm definitely looking forward to this one since last summer I devoted myself to experimenting with the hefeweizen style and turned from a distate to the style toward a love for it.

It'll be same time (4 eastern, 1 pacific), but I'm holding open what method we will be chatting in for now.

edit: see my post below on instructions for chatting.

edit2: please note, we're postponing a week because i've heard a lot of no's but no yes's so far. see everyone next week hopefully!

edit3: because im organizationally challenged, we are going to put this on hold for a bit until more people are available. sorry to disappoint anyone, but the tastings are more fun the more people we have.
    Last edited by studentofbeer; 08-13-2005 at 03:00 PM.
    -eric

Do you mean aug 6 - august 7 is a sunday.

If it's the 6th I will DEFINATLY be missing this one. While I may officially be married by then, I'll still be at the church at 3:00.
    My posts are definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Originally posted by HogieWan
    Do you mean aug 6 - august 7 is a sunday.

I may officially be married by then

Ya crazy guy ya!

yep, aug. 6, sorry. congrats!
    -eric

ok, i think i have found at least a temporary solution to our chatting problems.

at http://actionchat.com i was able to create a chat room called realbeer and log in, all without needing to sign up for anything.

so on the day of the chat what you will do is go to actionchat.com. click on chatrooms. click on english. click chat. a java applet will load. in the room filter field, type realbeer. click get rooms. you should see the room i created, called realbeer. click on realbeer. enter a username (preferably the same one you use here so we know who is who). then hit enter room. you should then be chatting in the realbeer room with everyone.

it seems pretty simple, and i was able to copy and paste text so we can save the conversations. there is a banner ad in the chat, but i think that is a small price to pay for everyone being able to participate easily. i'm still open to other ideas, but this is good because no one has to download, install or sign up for anything.

you will need java installed on your computer. most of you should already have it, but if not, go to http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and follow the instructions for whatever OS you use.
    -eric

nice solution - sounds like something we may be able to use for a while.
    My posts are definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

ok folks, a lot of people seemingly can't attend, so i'm postponing a week. i hope no one was messed up by this, but i'lll see hopefully a lot of you next week for the tasting instead!
    -eric

Hey - HERE'S a thought: How many people can make it on a weeknight? I know this counts me out yet again, but I might have been the only fly in the ointment back when it was suggested the first time. Just thinking out loud...
    So many beers, so little time off...

www.michaelolsononline.com - Drop in and say hi! WAY better than the old one.

I'm glad the date has changed. I've been looking for the beer here in OC all week to no avail. I know it is readily available at home. So I'll definately have it.

I posted this in another thread but, Saturday, August 13th - Great Taste of the Midwest, Madison, WI.

S.
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

Originally posted by steveh
    I posted this in another thread but, Saturday, August 13th - Great Taste of the Midwest, Madison, WI.

S.
    I should be fine for any date. I'm going to pick up the beer this week. I'll have it with me on the weekends at the beach or weeknights at home. Only dat I have that is encumbered is 8/27 when I drop my son at school.

anyone planning on showing up today? if not, we'll bump it to some indefinite time where we can work something out. im not seeing a lot of general interest.
    -eric

My guess is that summer time is hard for a lot of people to do this - maybe September would be better. OTOH, if we go out to run a few errands I might be able to procure a bottle of this stuff - it'd be the first one I'd been a part of in many months! (Don't hold your breath, though...
    So many beers, so little time off...

www.michaelolsononline.com - Drop in and say hi! WAY better than the old one.

ok, well im going to suggest putting this one on hold again, due to the taste of the midwest and other things. i hope we'll have this soon, but would like to gather a bit more of a consensus on time etc. thanks for understanding.
    -eric