Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parkbrau Perminator

Parkbrau Perminator

Anyone ever hear of this strong beer made in Germany? Anyone know what kind of hops and Malt are in it?

I am thinking a Munich Malt and or a Pilsner Malt and some Wheet.
    As far as the hops go, I am not sure.

I figure, If I cannot go back to Germany, I will gring Germany home to me.

I have not heard of it, but usually, the "ator" suffix is a pointer that it may be a dopplebock.

Toney.

Hmm, no Parkbrau or Perminator at BeerAdvocate. Is it a light or dark colored bock? I'd highly doubt there's any wheat in the recipe, German's usually only use that for the obvious. Think Pilsner and Munich malts, maybe Vienna - and one big decoction mash!

Have you looked into the Classic Beer styles books? Very good recipes and histories.

Whoops, forgot hops - think Noble - Hallertauer, Perle, Tettnang, Styrian Goldings. Nothing too heavy in a Doppelbock - balaned more to malts. Can't go wrong with Hallertauer in any German-style lager.

S.
    Last edited by steveh; 09-15-2005 at 03:56 PM.
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

I know I was not drunk for nearly 5 years. I did a search on Parkbrau Perminator on the net and found others asking where to find it (other then Germany).

It is a lager type beer, a little on the darker side and runs about 10%. I think it comes in a Blue bottle.

Thanks for the information on malts. I have a German beer being bottled this weekend where I used Munic Malts (light and dark) with some wheet and oats and Hallertauer hops.

Who knows maybe this will be better and I won't dream about the one that got away.

Park Pirminator

I spent some time stationed in the Rheinland (K-Town) and I remember Park Pils quite well! It was brewed in nearby Zweibrucken at the time. I've since had the fortune to find the Pirminator stateside, but it's been a few years since any Park has been imported to the US. The Pirminator is actually a Hellesbock, not a Doppelbock. A clone recipe would be mostly pils malt with maybe a touch of Munich or specialties thrown in for color. Great beer, good luck!
    Cheers! Beertracker

"Beer brings enjoyment to the world." ~ Jan Primus I a.k.a. King Gambrinus (1251-1294) of Brabant & Flanders

Maybe it's a helles (light) dopplebock. I've never seen the "ator" suffix on anything but a dopplebock.
    My posts are definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Cool, sounds like I am getting closer anyway.
    If a man speaks in the forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, is he STILL wrong?

I was gonna brew a dopplebock and call it Procrastinator , but I never got around to it.

Toney.

Originally posted by toneyc
    I was gonna brew a dopplebock and call it Procrastinator , but I never got around to it.

Toney.

good one, toney
    My posts are definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Procrastinator Doppelbock

I think you've "Procrastinated" too long, as BJ's Restaurant & Brewery already brews a Procrastinator Doppelbock which won a Bronze Medal at the LA County Fair in 2003.
    Cheers! Beertracker

"Beer brings enjoyment to the world." ~ Jan Primus I a.k.a. King Gambrinus (1251-1294) of Brabant & Flanders

New Guy, First Post

I lived in Pirmasens and went to school in Zweibrucken. I would love to find Pirminator stateside!!! Theo Degroen is their master brewer now. He owns the Degroens Brewing in Baltimore, maybe I can get him to send me some!

So you know what I am talking about? Perminator came in a blue bottle, right?

Are you saying that the BrewMaster that brewed Perminator in Germany now brews in Baltimore?
    If a man speaks in the forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, is he STILL wrong?

No. His family owns Carlsberg or some other large European brewery. He did his brewing internship at Parkbrau and then came to the states and bought the Baltimore Brewing Company and started Degroens Brewing. He later leased the rights to Degroens and went back to Pirmasens and is now their Brew Master.

Originally posted by brewernelson
    So you know what I am talking about? Perminator came in a blue bottle, right?
    With the correct spelling provided by Humongo now, you can find the Park Pirminator at BeerAdvocate - the odd side being that it's listed in both Mai/Hellesbock and Doppelbock. Hmm.

Here's the Parkbršu web site too. Check Products > Specialties for the Pirminator.

S.
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

Pirminator

I had the pleasure of drinking Pirminator back around 1979. Very mean stuff. At that time you could have a case sent back to the states for around $50.00 and a well spent $50.00 I might add. As far as the ingredents, I really don't think there is much room for any with the high concetartion of alcohol. I've tried to contact the Parkbrau Brewery to see if I could have some sent over here. Any knowledge as to how I could get some?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast