Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Serious Hops

Originally posted by Ill hophead
    Yep, I was disappointed with the Hop Wallop this year too.
    I didn't find this year's any different than last -- I just don't much care for the beer. I like hops as much or more than the next guy but that beer has a "perfum-iness" I just can't seem to enjoy. Body = fine. Bitterness = fine. Finish = ehh, not so much.
    myLocal-Home-Brew-Shop
    Your ultimate hobby headquarters.
    (703) 241-3874 * www.myLHBS.com

Originally posted by mookow
    I really like the aroma. It's about the closest a beer has ever come in my experience to the sensation of sniffing a hop bag right before you toss it into the kettle.

But something about the taste prevented it from reaching the top-shelf IPA category in my mind, and right now I cant remember what that was.
    Although you were talking about 'Hop Juice', your description above fits perfectly with my first sampling of 'Alpha King' last night.

Felt like I'd taken first place at a Cascade hop eating contest. Heheheheh.
    Have you accepted beer as your own personal savior?

----
    Primary:
    Secondary: APA. (Went into secondary at 1.010. Guess that mash temp really was a touch low.)
    Drinking (HB): club-brew Pils
    Drinking(Commercial): 3F Alpha King, Goose Island Oatmeal Stout, Sprecher Black Bavarian, Sprecher Abbey Tripel, Patron Anejo Tequila

I've been drinking Great Divide Titan IPA and Greenflash West Coast IPA lately. While neither are really "extreme" in my opinion, they're both damn tasty.

Greenflash is great! I only just discovered it a few months ago. When did they start importing it to the east coast?
    On the chest of a barmaid in Sale
    Were tattooed the prices of ale
    And on her behind
    For the sake of the blind
    Was the same information in Braille

I've not had it yet but I think Dave Alexander had a tasting with the brewers earlier this Summer at RFD.
    Dance to the music

Pretty much all of the Moylan's IPAs, the IPA, the Double IPA and the Hopsicle have high amounts of hoppiness.

Originally posted by L.H.H.H.Brown
    I was delirious before... Stone Ruination, Bear Republic Racer V ( also Racer X, but I don't think that's ever been bottled). I'm out of time now but I KNOW I'll think of more.
    stone ruination its a nice hoppy one. you have great taste
    Drink Triple, See Double And Always Act Single

I just had the '06 Smuttynose Big A IPA on tap and it was great.

I have been on an Imperial IPA kick for a few weeks now. I can't get enough hops. I also find that my flatulence has quite a nice hoppy aroma these days. The day after a few Hopsickles really does it.

there is a brewpub up in columbus ohio called Barleys that I have been to that has an IPA called four seas(4c's) IPA they use four diffrent hops starting with(you guessed it) the letter C.... I have had some hoppy beers (DFH90 , arrogent basterd, etc etc.) and I kid you not I was tasting this thing the next day.. think it burned the enamel off my teeth LOL
    Michael M

Originally posted by Insidious Rex
    Greenflash is great! I only just discovered it a few months ago. When did they start importing it to the east coast?
    Anyone try Greenflash's new Imperial IPA? Quite a treat. Id really begun to get a little bored of the over the top hop sledge hammers that have been popular of late. But this one came as a pleasent surprise. Powerful and drinkable at the same time. A great fruity resiny hop treat with at least some attempt at balancing that makes it a surprisingly easy drinker. We need more like this one.
    On the chest of a barmaid in Sale
    Were tattooed the prices of ale
    And on her behind
    For the sake of the blind
    Was the same information in Braille

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234