Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious Hops

Yup, that's it. Thanks.
    myLocal-Home-Brew-Shop
    Your ultimate hobby headquarters.
    (703) 241-3874 * www.myLHBS.com

HOP WALLOP!!

Victory's Hop Wallop is set to be released on or about November 1... That along with Troeg's Mad Elf and Nugget Nectar in January are what keep me warm in the winter!!!

Alpha King Challenge 2005
    (Held in Denver during the GABF)

FIRST: Hop 15 Port Brewing/Pizza Port. Carlsbad, CA
    SECOND: Frank Port Brewing/Pizza Port. Carlsbad, CA
    THIRD: Pure Hoppiness Alpine Brewing. Alpine, CA

Have heard a lot about Hop 15 already but since its not bottled and rarely comes out here Ive never had it. Why does this seem to be such a west coast phenomenon exactly?
    On the chest of a barmaid in Sale
    Were tattooed the prices of ale
    And on her behind
    For the sake of the blind
    Was the same information in Braille

Because we rule... There are A LOT of beers that don't make it out here so we gotta have something. I also forgot Rogue Old Crusty.

I just tried Founder's Devil Dancer Triple IPA at 13% abv. Seriously the most hopped bitter beer I have ever tried. I felt like the hops were paint thinner sucking the saliva out of my mouth it was so bitter. I meant that in a good way! I definitely recommend you try it if you see it.

I went to Crane Alley in Urbana, IL and they had Devil Dancer on the new beers list. I saw that it said "Triple IPA" and I got really excited. Then I ordered one and the bartender says "We just ran out of that....but it was REALLY good." DOH!

Then at the Great Taste of the Midwest this summer, Founder's had Devil Dancer listed in the program but by the time I got to the booth and asked for one they were out of it. Hopefully someday I'll get to try it. Maybe I should take a trip to Michigan and find some.
    "When in doubt, add more hops." - John Maier

Brewcrew, I didn't even notice that was you talkin about the DD. Where'd you find that? Please tell me somewhere in Chicago and please tell me they have more!

Originally posted by Ill hophead
    Brewcrew, I didn't even notice that was you talkin about the DD. Where'd you find that? Please tell me somewhere in Chicago and please tell me they have more!
    I missed it at the Taste just like you did. I bought the last 2 bottles (at 3.99 a piece) from Riley's in Madison when I was up there a few weeks ago. Haven't seen any in the Chicago area. If I do I will let you know.

Serious Hops in Chicago

Two Brothers Brewery in Warrenville, IL occasionally produces an IPA called "Hop Juice." With over 100 IBU and about 8% ABV, its hop-head heaven. See them at www.twobrosbrew.com.

Oh I've drank my share of Hop Juice. Even had it cask conditioned at Firkin. Good stuff.

Originally posted by Ill hophead
    Oh I've drank my share of Hop Juice. Even had it cask conditioned at Firkin. Good stuff.
    I really like the aroma. It's about the closest a beer has ever come in my experience to the sensation of sniffing a hop bag right before you toss it into the kettle.

But something about the taste prevented it from reaching the top-shelf IPA category in my mind, and right now I cant remember what that was.
    Primary: Mead
    Secondary: Dry Irish Stout
    Bottle/Keg Conditioning: Weizenbock, Dunkleweizen, Cider, Mead, Porter, IPA
    Drinking: Drunk Santa Ale, Chocolate Vanilla Stout, Ginger "Day-walker" Ale, Owen's Brown Pinkie Ale
    Up Next: Irish Stout, Blackwine, Witbier

Re: HOP WALLOP!!

Originally posted by AxlLives
    Victory's Hop Wallop is set to be released on or about November 1...
    anyone else find one this to be a dissapointment?

Well, yeah I like hops but a little depth in the beer is appreciated too.
    I suffer from Cenosillicaphobia- the fear of an empty glass!

Yep, I was disappointed with the Hop Wallop this year too.

Just about anything put through the randalizer........

Talking Hop Monsters

Hop Wallup by Victory Brewing is a hop monster (seasonal and may be on its way out; my store only has 5 cases left!), also, Dreagnaught Double IPA by Three Floyds - Terrific high octane (9,6%ABV) hoppy goodness.
    On Tap: Ommegang Clone, Belgian Golden Ale, Crude Stout Clone, Duke's "Who's Cider You On!"
    Conditioning: Woodford Reserve Bourbon Barleywine, Duke's F__k Mead
    Secondary:
    Primary: DRG APA

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with the fools he must come in contact with every day."
    <Ernest Hemingway>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast