Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parallel Tasting Club?

Parallel Tasting Club?

So, you guys want to try doing this again? Have you all forgotten so quickly? Allow me to rekindle interest in this one. I have an idea: Anyone who wants to host one of these, on whatever platform they so choose, may do so, with their choice of beer, and advertise the time and date here. This way we don't have to worry about who can and can't make it - there's no reason to ditch this idea just because EVERYONE can't make it. Sometimes just a few is very nice, and there's no pressure to get ready for stuff like this.

I was just perusing the forums, and realized that NO ONE had posted here for over 3 MONTHS! Sad... that's just sad!
    So many beers, so little time off...

www.michaelolsononline.com - Drop in and say hi! WAY better than the old one.

Well, fret - all I've got is Abita Restoration and Paulaner OM in the fridge right now. If you've got either hit me up on Skype.

Wait, better idea - send me some 90 shilling and give me a call.

Seriously, good point - I've never made one and I totally forgot about them.
    My posts are definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

They were great and should continue. Over the summer we had a lot of schedule conflicts... and it would be good to find a nice chat agent, there are those of us who refuse to install AIM.
    They say you must take the bitter with the sweet - I say I'll take my bitter by the pint!

On tap: Blue & Gray Classic Lager
    On tap: Sweet Cherry Stout
    On tap: Hard Cider
    In Secondary: More Cider!
    In Primary: Mead (Raspberry)

I always enjoyed them.

Re: Parallel Tasting Club?

Originally posted by fretlessman71
    Have you all forgotten so quickly?
    No. Its the only reason I still keep this AOL IM thing on my computer. I am waiting for its return.
    Scott

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

Originally posted by zoom6zoom
    it would be good to find a nice chat agent, there are those of us who refuse to install AIM.
    The way I figure it, that can be part of the original posting. For example, if I wanted to host a tasting on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, I might do something like this:

TASTING ALERT!

What: SNPA

Where: AIM

Username: fretlessman71

When: 9PM MST, Sun., Nov. 27.

Be there or be square! Please RSVP so I know to expect you or look for you if you're lost. See you there!

Originally posted by fretlessman71

When: 9PM MST, Sun., Nov. 27.
    damn - I missed it

Originally posted by HogieWan
    damn - I missed it
    With that kind of advance notice? I am shocked, shocked I tell you.
    Scott

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

ok i want to get a 2005 snca (sierra nevada celebration ale) tasting together soon... ive sorta dropped the ball on this section after all the problems this summer and then the whole law school thing.

right now im thinking dec. 14 (wednesday) or 15 (thursday) at 6pm pacific 9pm eastern-- we talked about trying a weeknight and seeing how it went. so... hopefully we can try this again. i think i can find a javascript, platform neutral chat program to use as well.

so buy some snca and stay tuned
    -eric

Originally posted by studentofbeer
    ok i want to get a 2005 snca (sierra nevada celebration ale) tasting together soon... ive sorta dropped the ball on this section after all the problems this summer and then the whole law school thing.

right now im thinking dec. 14 (wednesday) or 15 (thursday) at 6pm pacific 9pm eastern-- we talked about trying a weeknight and seeing how it went. so... hopefully we can try this again. i think i can find a javascript, platform neutral chat program to use as well.

I'll grab a 6 of this, kinda curious to try this platform out for trying to compare different beers.

would AIM or Skype or some other chat platform be easier?

I think the best thing would be... instead of arguing over which platform is best and therefore the only one any of us should ever use, the host of the tasting should simply choose a platform and let everyone know where he/she will be. This way, if you really have a problem with a platform, you don't have to join, and you know that there are going to be others that can accomodate you. If there's a band that I like in town, but I don't like the venue, I wait until they're coming to a place I like to go... this can be the same way.

Originally posted by studentofbeer

Keep us posted. I already have the beer and I'll be out at the shore settling on some land and small house I'm buying but I'll be staying at my beach place. So as long as you all won't mind my typing errors on the dang laptop, I'll be there.

I should have a bottle left, and I'd be free on the 14th. But do whatcha gotta do.

Ditto what Fret said, I got a case at costco a few weeks ago and I'm free on the 14th.

I have one right here in my office that I might get to sample this afternoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast