Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SNCA-- Dec. 14, 6:30pm/9:30pm

SNCA-- Dec. 14, 6:30pm/9:30pm

ok here we go! we're going to taste the ubiquitous, delicious 2005 Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. Prepare for a winter hop extravaganza.

When: Wednesday Dec. 14, 630 pacific, 930 eastern

Where: I've got an early holiday present for all of you...

go to http://beer.ericandrachel.net and you should be able to log into a java chat program that connects directly with Tweek's IRC room. No need for any downloads, other clients etc. You just gotta hit yes to trusting the chat program and you should be set.

Just type the username you use here and chat away. this can also be used anytime to chat in the IRC room #beer.

ok, so i hope people can come on the 14th. it should be fun. also, i could use some help testing the java client, so if some of you who also use AIM could IM me if you have a few minutes to help me, we can make sure everything is hunky dory come tasting time. I've still got a few tweeks to make to try and get it looking ok, but it appears to basically work for me at least.

cheers!

p.s. you will need to have java installed on your computer to use this. many/most should already have this on their computer, but if not you can go to http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp to get it. it should be relatively painless.
    Last edited by studentofbeer; 11-30-2005 at 01:07 AM.
    -eric

w00t! IRC tasting. Ill be there then!
    The more you disapprove the more fun it is for me.

sounds great, chat with everyone then, got a 6 of this last night, when I got distracted from grocery shopping by the paint store next door.
    I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
    Bill Watterson , Calvin & Hobbes

I think I'm in for this one. This is the first tasting where I could get the beer.
    My posts are definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

I still have one or two left from last year, will have to pick up some of the new batch!
    They say you must take the bitter with the sweet - I say I'll take my bitter by the pint!

On tap: Blue & Gray Classic Lager
    On tap: Sweet Cherry Stout
    On tap: Hard Cider
    In Secondary: More Cider!
    In Primary: Mead (Raspberry)

Doesn't work here at the office, but that may be a good thing. My computer guy doesn't really like me downloading stuff-he's afraid of getting silly little viruses on our network. I'll just have to do the chat thing when I'm off work. I'm going to download Firefox tonight. I tried it a couple of time before, but it would never connect-it would just time out.

do you have a proxy server at the office? You may need the IT guy to put in some settings for you to use FF

I'm a geologist-that's a computer question. I have no idea, but the IT guy here also takes care of my home computers. He installed Firefox but it never did anything but timeout. My wife's IT guy at her job tried it and got the same result. I got cable internet last week(100mbps) so I'll install it at home when I go home for lunch and see if this new release works. Bottom line is that I can use tweek's chatroom from home so I'll stick with that. I don't need to be chatting while I'm supposed to be working anyway.

Originally posted by corkybstewart
    I don't need to be chatting while I'm supposed to be working anyway.
    posting here is a whole different matter

I'd get much more done if it wasn't for this board and a few others,

I don't know if I'ld get any more work done, but I'm sure I'ld go beserk. I'm 48 years old and this is the first office job with normal hours I've ever had. I don't know how people do this for whole careers. I told the owner of this company I'ld do it for up to 5 years, but last night my wife asked me if that was even realistic.After 25 years of marriage, she's not used to me being home everyday but since her dinner is cooked when she gets home she isn't complaining(not yet)

I think I post more at work than at home.
    I can see the new IRC chat board taking even more of my time. Spent a long time there today already.

I hope the boss does not get mad!

Originally posted by chazwicke

another good reason to be in charge

Originally posted by chazwicke
    Is that why you post at work
    and not at home, where the boss, *ahem*, wife is?

(posting this from work...)
    "Martinis are for squares, man."

I post WAY more from work than from home. The boss at work is much more understanding than the one at home.

Originally posted by HogieWan
    I post WAY more from work than from home. The boss at work is much more understanding than the one at home.
    I'm right there with you...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast