I've just returned from visiting friends and family in DC, and while I was there, I had the opportunity to try the World Wide Stout(18% ABV) at The Reef, on their Thursday Cask or Firkin Night.

Let me just start off by saying I love what Brian does there. The previous Thursday was really great bitter (though I forget which one for obvious reasons).

Now, having said that, I just couldn't stomach World Wide Stout(WWS). No fault of Brian's. He's always trying to bring in stuff that you won't get many opportunities to try in your life, unless you goto the source, but WWS was way over the top IMHO. Way too sweet and not well balanced. More like something you'd put on pancakes. I didn't even get through half the pint (more like a third), which is good since I had to drive later. It's, quite literally, like 3 beers in one. I ended up switching to the Dominion Oak Barrel Stout, which was really nice, and, in stout terms anyways, the polar opposite of WWS with it's 4 point something ABV and tasting of something other than sugar.