Thread: Wanted a case of Yuengling

Wanted a case of Yuengling

Looking to get my hands on a case or a couple cases of Yuengling. Can't find it anywhere in Cali and searched the web for hours trying to buy some online. Will pay for everything and throw in some extra cash.

Vintage cellar has it - $20/case, though beer is heavy so shipping will be pricey:

http://www.vintagecellar.com/

Did you want a certain style of theirs? IE: Black & Tan, Lager, Porter. I'm about half an hour from the brewery so the beer stores here are overflowing with their stuff.

I order from Vintage Cellar somewhat often since I can't get Yuengling Lager in TX. Like 2 or 3 times a year. It's $20 a case. Shipping was about $20 last year, but UPS prices have gone up and it's now about $30. That's to ship to TX. I'm not sure how much it would be for you.

Vintage Cellar charges actual UPS.com quoted rate plus like $2.00 for packaging. They put peanuts between the bottles, wrap the case tight in plastic and put it in a box twice the size full of peanuts. UPS is the one that makes a killing, not Vintage Cellar. The best I can tell most of the profit they make is in the difference between what they pay and the retail price they charge, which is pretty comparable to the beer distributors when I lived in Philly.

It's kind of funny paying $50 for a case of beer that wsa $15-$17 a case in PA, but it is well worth every penny.

I can get a case out here for $15 cans or bottles.Cans would be cheaper to ship.
    Lady Astor:If you were my husband,I would poison your drink.

Winston Churchill:If you were my wife,I would drink it.

From Blacksburg to my address here in Michigan would cost $14.54. UPS Ground. It would cost you more than what you paid for the beer going to CA. You need to find an online store closer to you. Have you tried Bottleworks? I think there is one in the state of Washington.
    Last edited by Jake; 03-18-2006 at 11:34 AM.

Finding one closer pretty much isn't an option The problem with Yuengling is that they only have distributors in a few states. About 9 I think - from NY down to FL and AL skipping GA I believe. Any place outside of those states won't carry it. period. I did a ton of searching and (other than having a friend shipping it) Vintage Cellar is the only one that carries it. Whenever I go back to PA I bring some New Belgium and Shiner Beers for my friends and come back with Yuengling. Whenever people come to visit me they usually bring a case of Yuengling as well.

Get your Yuengling

The largest Yuengling brewery is located in Tampa in the old Stroh's brewery. Florida has never been a beer mecca, though it has gotten pretty good lately, but back when Yuengling came I was thrilled to see them.

That being said get your Yunegling for nostalgia's sake, but if you aren't already doing so then you should seriously explore the fantastic CA offerings availible to you. You live in the best beer state in the country in my opinion and have access to some incredible beers.

I will GLADLY trade you price for price some Yuengling for the beers you have availible there. If you want someone who will steadily ship Yuengling out to you using recycled materials to save on shipping then e-mail me at jredner@tampabay.rr.com and I'll tell you what you can pick up locally to ship back to me.

I'll always have a fondness for Yuengling, but if I were living in CA I really wouldn't miss it between all the Alesmith, Stone, Pizza Port, Drakes, Coast Range, Anchor and Russian River beers I'd be enjoying daily.

If you're interested in trading anything available in TX I'm in. There isn't too much out here, but St Arnold's in Houston has a few good beers. Plus there are some from New Belgium Brewing Company in CO that probably aren't available in FL. Fat Tire is pretty good. Anyway, I love Yuengling. Rather than buying from Vintage Cellar all the time I'd gladly trade anything in TX with anyone in one of the 10 or so Yuengling states.

Born/raised in Pittsburgh, PA. Enjoyed Yuengling while attending Penn State. Relocated to Jacksonville, FL where I was surprised to find Yuengling available. Have since relocated to NW Arkansas and it's nowhere to be found. I believe the closest distributor is 5+ hours away in Memphis, TN. Called Vintage but seems the cost to ship via UPS is astronomical. Wasn't sure whether anyone has discovered any other, more affordable options? Depending on those options, I may need to make a weekend trip to Memphis and stock up.

I would LOVE it if Yuengling was available in Illinois. As it is, the closest place to get it would be in eastern Ohio.
    ________
    New Jersey Marijuana Dispensaries
    Last edited by animal; 05-10-2011 at 02:26 AM.